I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,268

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st March 2021, 6:58 PM

Tarby with Rotties eh.

My daughter has one, beautiful dogs. Doesn't even raise an eyebrow when I walk in.

Does it wag its tail though?

This person who travelled from Brazil must have a rough idea they've got it. They should turn themselves in straight away or be threatened with a massive fine and prison sentence.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st March 2021, 7:23 PM

Does it wag its tail though?

With no tail to counteract the weight they end up wagging their entire bum :D I think it's illegal to dock tails now so dogs like Rotties and Dobermans have tails.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st March 2021, 6:58 PM

Tarby with Rotties eh.

My daughter has one, beautiful dogs. Doesn't even raise an eyebrow when I walk in.

Never had any Rotties of my own but had four as family pets and beautiful is the word I would also use. The first one was a Christmas present to my mum in 1984 from my uncle who was breeding them. Such great character and they can be full of energy or equally happy to slob around. Loyal and affectionate and very sociable. At parties in the 90s when the house was rammed the dogs would be walking around basking in all the attention. A lot of happy memories because of those mutts.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st March 2021, 2:55 PM

Laughing out loud That's it - dog mutilation. I've got it all off my chest now. Strange as it may seem, during the 60s, when I worked for awhile on the USAF bases, I had a lot of American friends, but then the UK wasn't being contaminated with their slang etc., and in the 70s, most of my friends were black Americans - going to parties, all night card sessions, baby sitting, but they were a totally different kettle of fish - I loved their life style, music etc. etc.
Also do have American relatives.

I can only put it down to the crankiness of old age.

I see you forgot about all the Rock n Roll and its attendant slang words in the 50s ... 60s

Quote: billwill @ 2nd March 2021, 1:23 AM

I see you forgot about all the Rock n Roll and its attendant slang words in the 50s ... 60s

That was another scene, Daddio. Besides, I have been referring to the adopting of phrases, slang in far more recent times with the saturation of American TV in the UK and people following/using the Yank sayings/words like sheep. Baaaa!

There's a new word in town that keeps showing up everywhere.
Doxxed? I bet it's American.

Ahh Budget Day the busiest day of the year for small shop keepers as they put the price up on everything they have in the shop and then tell punters that they have 'Just got back from the wholesalers and that's why the ciggies and ale have gone up in price'.

Aint it always the bleedin' same.
It's the rich that gets the pleasure
and the poor what gets the blame.

Tell me about it I was linked with the JFK assassination and I only went in there for spuds.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd March 2021, 7:14 AM

There's a new word in town that keeps showing up everywhere.
Doxxed? I bet it's American.

Natch, and I see a certain person on this forum had been vaxxed - or perhaps he meant someone had gone over him with a vacuum cleaner

Anything to wind you up, Herc.
Cool

Yeah, right

All this Harry and Meghan thing is getting past a joke. Why don't we just get the DNA test done?

I wish they'd f**k off and were never heard of again. AND take those titles off them!

It's easy ignore that sort of stuff though.I'm not interested in any of them so they don't bother me at all.

Quote: john tregorran @ 3rd March 2021, 11:54 PM

It's easy ignore that sort of stuff though.I'm not interested in any of them so they don't bother me at all.

Yes, but not when you are watching the news and they are on every channel - I never read newspapers.