I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,267

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th February 2021, 12:52 PM

In my experience as a self educated waif the reference to grammar is often the clearest indication that the content resonated regardless of its failings.
And no Herc you don't have to make sure of anything , although why you need have the urge to feel repressed is another entire kettle of fish.
I want to live in a society that offers free medical care for all, as I see that as being a prerequisite for being able to call that society civil.
I do not want a health service designed by banner headlines from right wing rags and implemented by American Hedge funders.
If however the NHS gave a full bill to anyone who has more than two grand in the bank or property that exceeds £20,000 in value which could then be sold by auction within 21 days to pay the bill. Oh and by the way this last bit was written so that I could imagine your face getting redder and redder.

So, where's the humour in that. Didn't laugh once.

Why on earth do all those so-called celebrities insist on getting these freak of nature French Bulldogs?

Cute maybe but they suffer with breathing and eye problems. To my mind whoever breeds these should be condemned for animal cruelty.

There's plenty of dogs in rescue centres.We don't need dog breeders at all just for pets.

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th February 2021, 7:48 PM

There's plenty of dogs in rescue centres.We don't need dog breeders at all just for pets.

Agreed.

Apparently thefts of dogs has gone up about 150% since covid

Quote: Chappers @ 28th February 2021, 7:19 PM

Cute maybe but they suffer with breathing and eye problems. To my mind whoever breeds these should be condemned for animal cruelty.

I'm totally agin the breeding of all those types of dogs - bulldogs, boxers, pugs, pekes etc. etc. - it's the f**king Kennel Club that perpetuates this so called "standard" and one of the reasons the BBC pulled out of broadcasting Crufts each year.

The other thing that infuriates me is f**king Yanks who trim dogs ears, but it seems the American KC is worse than over here :-

The American Kennel Club (AKC) position is that ear cropping and tail docking are "acceptable practices integral to defining and preserving breed character and/or enhancing good health."

WTF!!! "integral to defining and preserving breed character" What a load of crap. How the f**k does that preserve a breed character.

Still, if they can put Trump in for a number of years, why am I not surprised.

So the roof of the church in Bedfordshire, which was stripped of 20 tons of lead a couple of years ago, is to have a new high tensile felt roof replacement - something I have muttered to myself should be done in all cases when I see other roofs being recovered again with lead. Back in the early 1970s I had a couple of USAF American friends who "acquired" Whistling nnocently some high grade roof covering for my conservatory, so these materials have been about for a long time.

BUT, my question is - this church is on a main road, so how come nobody noticed 4 men with a lorry strip the roof in the first place.

It's like these gangs who steal heavy plant, JCBs etc., drive them miles and then make one hell of a racket to rip out cash machines. Didn't anyone wonder why a f**king great digger was noisily making its way through the countryside at 3 in the morning and then demolish the local store?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st March 2021, 12:09 AM

I'm totally agin the breeding of all those types of dogs - bulldogs, boxers, pugs, pekes etc. etc. - it's the f**king Kennel Club that perpetuates this so called "standard" and one of the reasons the BBC pulled out of broadcasting Crufts each year.

The other thing that infuriates me is f**king Yanks who trim dogs ears, but it seems the American KC is worse than over here :-

The American Kennel Club (AKC) position is that ear cropping and tail docking are "acceptable practices integral to defining and preserving breed character and/or enhancing good health."

WTF!!! "integral to defining and preserving breed character" What a load of crap. How the f**k does that preserve a breed character.

Bloody hell, this dislike of America and Americas is bordering on the unhealthy, Herc! They've got their faults but they ain't so bad.

Quote: chipolata @ 1st March 2021, 1:41 PM

Bloody hell, this dislike of America and Americas is bordering on the unhealthy, Herc! They've got their faults but they ain't so bad.

Laughing out loud That's it - dog mutilation. I've got it all off my chest now. Strange as it may seem, during the 60s, when I worked for awhile on the USAF bases, I had a lot of American friends, but then the UK wasn't being contaminated with their slang etc., and in the 70s, most of my friends were black Americans - going to parties, all night card sessions, baby sitting, but they were a totally different kettle of fish - I loved their life style, music etc. etc.
Also do have American relatives.

I can only put it down to the crankiness of old age.

Do you think that all the anti-vaxxers with all their conspiracy theories of not a vaccine and untested remarks are actually shit scared of needles?

Yes

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st March 2021, 4:00 PM

Do you think that all the anti-vaxxers with all their conspiracy theories of not a vaccine and untested remarks are actually shit scared of needles?

And would any of them have tattoos?

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th February 2021, 8:53 PM

Apparently thefts of dogs has gone up about 150% since covid

I couldn't imagine having a pet stolen and never knowing what happened to it. Most likely it would be sold but never knowing if it was with a loving family or being mistreated would always haunt me. The sale of puppies needs to be much more regulated to stop theft and unscrupulous breeders.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st March 2021, 12:09 AM

I never watch Crufts because they are not pet owners they are trophy owners. They spend so much on grooming the dogs are probably rarely allowed to do doggy stuff like roll around in the mud and sniff.

My Rottweilers had their tails docked soon after birth and at the time it was thought to be painless but now that has been proven to not be the case. I can't bear thinking about what it must feel like but I think docking is no longer a requirement for competition dogs. Not sure about America but I know the Rottweiler is a very popular breed there.

Tarby with Rotties eh.

My daughter has one, beautiful dogs. Doesn't even raise an eyebrow when I walk in.