What are you watching on TV? Page 2,208

Porridge- men without women

I've always found it strange that Lenny doesn't appear in this episode - at all

The Goodies....

Tripe!

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th February 2021, 1:37 PM

The Goodies....

Tripe!

Yes, I foolishly (I see now) bought the box set recently issued, and find I'm struggling with it. It's in my box set rotation, but I fear it's going to be a long time before I am viewing the last disc. :(

Well I've only watched a couple of the early episodes

But not keen at all

I think I've watched three discs so far. Haven't yet got to the "Icky Thump" (?) one with the black pudding weapons yet - it was the one where that chap died from laughing so much when he was watching it.

Ecky thump....being a Yorkshire pudding, I should know. :)

Hannay on TPTV.

Somebody is trying to develop an antidote against a possible attack of germ warfare.

Interesting to see a young Alex Kingston.

Trump spouting endless tedious bullshit about how incredible he is

Yawn off ya dick

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th February 2021, 11:07 PM

Trump spouting endless tedious bullshit about how incredible he is

Yawn off ya dick

I nearly missed the name at the start. I was wondering who it was who was "trump spouting."

John Cleese on the One Show.

And Martin Clunes and lots of comedy stuff.

Quite a number of funny anecdotes on the "best of" Jonathan Ross tonight, including Katherine Jenkins talking about an elderly fan who whispered in her ear "Nice fanny", and it was a bit of a laugh when they brought on the tallest man in the UK to compare notes with guest Peter Crouch - so funny to see Peter looking up at this 7' 7" man.

Doesn't happen very often but I was so pleased that flash, cocky little person got caught on the Chase.

Bugger. Spoke too soon!

I meant that bloke. Not the poor girl.

I just hope the Dark Destroyer now lives up to his name.

F**k it. Horrible little shit.

A documentary about Jamie Bulger that had video of him at home on his toy trampoline surrounded by other kids playing and him smiling at the camera. It's painful to watch and to think what happened to him. It concludes tonight covering the police interviews and court case.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th March 2021, 5:48 PM

Doesn't happen very often but I was so pleased that flash, cocky little person got caught on the Chase.

Bugger. Spoke too soon!

I meant that bloke. Not the poor girl.

I just hope the Dark Destroyer now lives up to his name.

F**k it. Horrible little shit.

In what way? Was he cocky or just not very likable? I saw one episode and because one of the contestants chose a minus offer one of the other contestants went in to a rage and was calling him names. He remained furious for the rest of the game giving him evil stares. Mr Angry wasn't a big guy but the lad was a teenager and looked uncomfortable so Bradley should have told him to calm down. They lost in the end which is probably a good thing. The moron didn't realise it was part of the game and if the other lad was as big as him he wouldn't have reacted in the same way. I've seen lots of games where someone takes a minus offer and then answers enough questions in the final chase to help the team to victory.

The minus offer is always worth considering just to get back.

He wasn't a typical jack the lad type but he was so bloody annoying with his comments and cockiness. They thought he was great - or had to for the sake of the show. Maybe secretly they'd like to give him a smack too. The trouble was though that he knew loads of answers and because of him they won.

Sounds of the Sixties on BBC4. Interesting stuff - The Who, Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd live performances on the lesser known BBC programmes of the time. The Nice playing America.

Joe Cocker singing With a little help from my friends led me to thinking is there a better and more interesting reworking of a Beatles song?

And finally Voodoo Chile by Jimi.

There really was so much fantastic imaginative stuff then. I don't want to sound like an old fuddy duddy but I don't think anything has been made since to really overshadow some of these songs.