Saucy seaside postcards Page 4

As if to prove a point *EDIT* Forgot to mention, there's nothing like a bit of upskirting. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th February 2021, 5:46 AM

Very tasteful.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th February 2021, 5:30 PM

Very tasteful.

Well there's nobody's bits out, but if that's what you want D.C.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2021, 12:19 AM

Well there's nobody's bits out, but if that's what you want D.C.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That sums up the low brow humour and there will always be people who still find it funny. Sad really because this isn't the 'kiss me quick' you would associate with saucy seaside merchandise.

Being a collector of British seaside postcards, you can see where Ronnie Barker maybe got the idea for some of his sketches and short silent films. Even perhaps - looking at that last one - "Four Candles", particularly the alternative ending.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 27th February 2021, 1:06 AM

Sad really because this isn't the 'kiss me quick' you would associate with saucy seaside merchandise.

Really? And there's nothing sad about it. It brought a lot of happiness to people on their hols out for a gay old time, and still does.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 27th February 2021, 1:06 AM

That sums up the low brow humour and there will always be people who still find it funny.

Yet again, I'm sorry you feel that way Tarby, and would ask you please to not peruse this thread if you feel that strongly about it.

It is after all a British Comedy forum, and as such should cover all forms of British humour - Saucy Seaside Postcards being a major source of humour from the end of WW2 up to the 1970s and may well have gone further than that - I don't know as I haven't been to the seaside in years. Perhaps they still do, or did, sell them in beach shops.

To deny their existence, would be to deny that someone like Max Miller existed with his risqué humour, and as long as people are enjoying them, I will continue to post same.

If you don't like that, then press the "Report" button and if Aaron objects, I will cease forthwith and even ask him to remove the thread entirely.

Now, with your moniker, you may well be Jimmy 'Tarby' Tarbuck, :D and if you are, then I'm surprised, as you must have knowledge and seen these in the many seasons you spent touring seaside resorts.

It's definitely leaning now towards the humour police.
If there is some dog shit on the pavement, do you deliberately step in it and complain
Or walk around it.
Everyone can see that they are dated by today's standards, we are not blind or blinkered.
But as Herc says, they are part of British humour and were cheeky to both sexes.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th February 2021, 9:32 AM

It's definitely leaning now towards the humour police.

Awomen to that.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th February 2021, 9:32 AM

If there is some dog shit on the pavement, do you deliberately step in it and complain
Or walk around it.

No - but if I see the f**ker who let his dog do it I'd, make him pick it up.

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th February 2021, 1:13 PM

No - but if I see the f**ker who let his dog do it I'd, make him lick it up.

Sick

He's been reading the offensive material again.....

I think it's what we use to call Schoolboy Humour.
You can't say that now,girls are thought to be just as smutty these days.And quite right too.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th February 2021, 9:17 AM

Being a collector oI British seaside postcards, you can see where Ronnie Barker maybe got the idea for some of his sketches and short silent films. Even perhaps - looking at that last one - "Four Candles", particularly the alternative ending.

Yes, I remember that interview with Mr Barker, how he wasn't happy with the "Billhooks" ending, which I think spoilt it a tad with such a poor joke, and how he thought just after it was filmed of having the note say "2 Knockers", have Ronnie C storm off, calling an assistant from the back room to come and serve who would have been a young well endowed lady.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2021, 9:21 AM

Really? And there's nothing sad about it. It brought a lot of happiness to people on their hols out for a gay old time, and still does.

Yet again, I'm sorry you feel that way Tarby, and would ask you please to not peruse this thread if you feel that strongly about it.

It is after all a British Comedy forum, and as such should cover all forms of British humour - Saucy Seaside Postcards being a major source of humour from the end of WW2 up to the 1970s and may well have gone further than that - I don't know as I haven't been to the seaside in years. Perhaps they still do, or did, sell them in beach shops.

To deny their existence, would be to deny that someone like Max Miller existed with his risqué humour, and as long as people are enjoying them, I will continue to post same.

If you don't like that, then press the "Report" button and if Aaron objects, I will cease forthwith and even ask him to remove the thread entirely.

Now, with your moniker, you may well be Jimmy 'Tarby' Tarbuck, :D and if you are, then I'm surprised, as you must have knowledge and seen these in the many seasons you spent touring seaside resorts.

May well be Jimmy Tarbuck?

No problem Herc. Get well soon Huh?