BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 63

Quote: don rushmore @ 25th February 2021, 12:51 AM

If you feel that way there's another BCG league, the original one, with 74 teams.

Don't be silly. And how did the "original" one get hijacked?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 24th February 2021, 11:34 PM

If he's up for it I'd like Horse Radish to be administrator next season
I'd love to see those rules although I wouldn't read them all the way through

You insane? By the time we'd read them all and gone around the houses a few times on flights of fantasy, we would ALL have missed GW1

Quote: don rushmore @ 25th February 2021, 12:51 AM

If you feel that way there's another BCG league, the original one, with 74 teams.

It's currently led by Fady Abouelnasr. Or as Billy Bunter might say, "One of them towel heads".

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th February 2021, 11:14 PM

But as I said there are two who won't get back in next season. If I or you or anyone plays the big dictator and starts deleting players midseason then everyone else will give up playing and posting, that's pretty obvious after the recent feedback.

This is just bizarre. Like saying If I give you a glass of water, there'll be a draught in Ethiopia. I, Ben and I think a few others, are asking for you to delete ONE PLAYER. A guy who no-one knows, takes no part in the banter, hasn't posted since 4/10/20 and is an Everton supporter. F**king chop him now.

You're not stopping him playing the game, just removing him from a league he doesn't give a shit about.

As for Anton, he's my marker. If I score more than him I know I've had a good week. When I pass him I'll know I've won the league. Yes, he should post, especially since he is a writer as well as being good at the game. He's probably an okay bloke, but I wrote him a nice victory address one year and he didn't acknowledge it, so he's got some f**king work to do. I wouldn't delete him - leave him as a pacemaker, since he's probably the best player here. Just blank him if he wins.

The pioneer of non-participation and using the clique as a trophy is Gerry and have we missed him and his very occasional posts? Of course not.

Quote: don rushmore @ 24th February 2021, 10:17 PM

If he's up for it, I'd like Godot to be administrator next season.

Happy to. I could do it in my sleep.

If people are worried that I would delete them just for being a c**t, I wouldn't - I'd be scrupulously fair.

If anyone was paying attention they'll have seen I missed the deadline this week.

Fortunately I had already set up my captain, but I was planning to get in one more player for a hit. First person to guess who from the picture below wins a virtual prize.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th February 2021, 4:31 PM

This is just bizarre. Like saying If I give you a glass of water, there'll be a draught in Ethiopia. I, Ben and I think a few others, are asking for you to delete ONE PLAYER. A guy who no-one knows, takes no part in the banter, hasn't posted since 4/10/20 and is an Everton supporter. F**king chop him now.

And yet you favour Anton over him who didn't post until GW24. And who has plenty of other mini leagues to win, as does Gerry, who didn't need this league anymore. You have no idea how hard it is to attract new players here. We didn't actually get anyone in who hasn't been in before, although nearly 30 PMs were sent out.

JP was a returning player from 15/16, asked very nicely to rejoin back in July when we had about six players left from last season, actually complied with the proposed 3 GW posts by halfway and as a Toffee provided a bit of balance to the usual Liverpool and Man U arrogance here. But his non show since has made him a non starter for next season. If we delete players now I'll be accused of fixing the table so I can finally win.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 25th February 2021, 5:05 PM

If we delete players now I'll be accused of fixing the table so I can finally win.

It would explain why you told Godot about it too late so that he missed GW1

I'll get Miss Piggy to give you a karate chop. Instead of a pork chop. Pirate

Fortunately I had already set up my captain, but I was planning to get in one more player for a hit. First person to guess who from the picture below wins a virtual prize.

[/quote]

Took a while but I claim my virtual prize.

As in J R Ewing and perhaps Corban from The 6th sense

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th February 2021, 7:35 AM

Took a while but I claim my virtual prize.

As in J R Ewing and perhaps Corban from The 6th sense

Well done Stephen!
Yes, the answer is 'Dallas'. The picture being Tom Skerrit playing the character of the same name from the film Alien.
We were overwhelmed with entries (ie there were almost none) and yours was the first out of the hat (there's no hat).

You win our virtual prize: a woman with no knowledge of Patriarchy.

*Please note, actual pre-feminist woman may differ slightly from one depicted.

Thank you, I'll shall treasure it.

You'd better not be trying to add on those Dallas points at the end of the season

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th February 2021, 5:13 PM

Thank you, I'll shall treasure it.

I see what you did there.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th February 2021, 5:22 PM

You'd better not be trying to add on those Dallas points at the end of the season

I'll consider your request.

Big double game week approaching. Look at that, I have 10 DGW players without taking a hit - it's almost like I planned it...

Kipper will be getting out one of his chips from his post office account like the old miser he is. Any splurges planned, Steve? (or anyone else - I know it's the clique, but I am talking to everybody).

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th February 2021, 6:32 PM

I

Big double game week approaching. Look at that, I have 10 DGW players without taking a hit - it's almost like I planned it...

I had eight, and have thrown caution to the wind by buying two with a hit, but who cares, I'm f**ked anyway and just in it for the laughs. Teary

Any splurges planned, Steve? (or anyone else - I know it's the clique, but I am talking to everybody).

Is there still one? I thought we were all mates now, you c**t Pleased

The cliques on this Forum have always just been figments of paranoid posters
Apart from the main Clique of course which I was chucked out of for uncovering Mark P and Dolly Daggers affair

In answer to Godots earlier post yes of course I took plenty of transfer hits and I already had 10 players who were allegedly playing double game weeks by accident
I should try some of this forward planning, in future

Kipper will be getting out one of his chips from his post office account like the old miser he is. Any splurges planned, Steve? (or anyone else - I know it's the clique, but I am talking to everybody).

Still haven't done it, I'm that tight. Was holding them back before firing them all off to devastating effect like Michael Caine in Zulu. But the FPL have banjaxed me with a last minute Double GW. So reluctantly I will deploy one today as I can't see another one this big coming again. Hmm...this could take a few hours...