I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,265

There will always be idiots who think it's a good idea to post something offensive online about a recent headline and the media doesn't help by jumping on it like a pack of wild animals trying to stir up a lynch mob type frenzy. It's best to report and/or ignore but don't let them anger you. That's what these dateless wonders are hoping for.

I used to be a big fan of police documentaries but now I can't watch them because I despair at the constant cycle of morons they are dealing with day in day out who have zero respect for the police. The worst part is at the end of the programme when I find out it was suspended sentences all round.

Yep, some prick in a stolen car takes the cops on a 30 mile trip through a busy town almost killing himself and countless others

Gets a poxy 1 year ban

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 17th February 2021, 9:47 PM

I used to be a big fan of police documentaries but now I can't watch them because I despair at the constant cycle of morons they are dealing with day in day out who have zero respect for the police. The worst part is at the end of the programme when I find out it was suspended sentences all round.

Me too. I haven't watched one for ages. Why is it these c**ts never just run off the road and kill themselves? F**king about with this low life, and for what? Up in court - "Now, we know you have been naughty, so don't do it again." From some stupid old fart of a magistrate/judge who doesn't have to deal with the consequences as they sit in their ivory towers with police protection.

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th February 2021, 10:13 PM

Yep, some prick in a stolen car takes the cops on a 30 mile trip through a busy town almost killing himself and countless others

Gets a poxy 1 year ban

I often used to mutter, when they were in a helicopter following these so called joy riders, what they should do is, when it's safe or they dump the car, pick them off with a high powered rifle.

Lookng forward to I'm A Celeb 2026. C*nt & D*c force feeding kangaroo's knackers to Meghan Markle (formerly Windsor).

I've been gobsmacked by this latest NASA Mars probe. I mean , it's more than mind boggling how the hell they work out the maths, science, logistics etc. etc. et f**king cetera to land the thing so successfully over such a distance!

My first query would be, where the hell do you point the rocket on launch. :D

Anyway, here's the landing, which in itself is incredible, for so many reasons.

Amazing.
That's what mankind can do if it puts it's mind(s) to it.

The parachute was made in the UK - saw this on the news a few days ago, and apparently some of the instruments, yet to be deployed were made in this country too.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th February 2021, 11:44 PM

Amazing.
That's what mankind can do if it puts it's mind(s) to it.

I do agree - but it is only the min d of mankind, isn't it. Everything external is an illusion reinforced by common agreement and that consensus is in fact, disguised and calmed down mass hyseria. When these things are shoved ouwards - that oooh into space thing - and well done to our intrepid explorers, it is really just a belief parade to all around the globe. What it really is is a simple human investigating of its own brain and what it doesn't know. Just a trip around ignorant grey cell matter with an excitement that the brain can understand more and a wand like way with the universal retina. I don't understand why people can't see it. It is so obvious to me. Don't get me wrong. The photos are lovely but only ones of rabbits out of hats.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 25th February 2021, 12:42 AM

I do agree - but it is only the min d of mankind, isn't it. Everything external is an illusion reinforced by common agreement and that consensus is in fact, disguised and calmed down mass hyseria. When these things are shoved ouwards - that oooh into space thing - and well done to our intrepid explorers, it is really just a belief parade to all around the globe. What it really is is a simple human investigating of its own brain and what it doesn't know. Just a trip around ignorant grey cell matter with an excitement that the brain can understand more and a wand like way with the universal retina. I don't understand why people can't see it. It is so obvious to me. Don't get me wrong. The photos are lovely but only ones of rabbits out of hats.

I assume you're pushing Simulation Theory here? The belief that everything is merely an illusion created by somebody else? It does sort of smack of a massive ego trip that makes you out to be the great wise one who can see that nothing is real, while everybody else is just a mindless puppet.

Also, why would anybody go to expense of creating such an elaborate and resource-heavy illusion? It lacks logic.

Quote: chipolata @ 25th February 2021, 9:40 AM

I assume you're pushing Simulation Theory here? The belief that everything is merely an illusion created by somebody else? It does sort of smack of a massive ego trip that makes you out to be the great wise one who can see that nothing is real, while everybody else is just a mindless puppet.

Also, why would anybody go to expense of creating such an elaborate and resource-heavy illusion? It lacks logic.

I shouldn't concern yourself too much. Horse lives in a world of his own, and this has manifested itself even more in the last six months - I think his mother ship is due to come down and pick him up soon.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th February 2021, 11:35 PM

I've been gobsmacked by this latest NASA Mars probe. I mean , it's more than mind boggling how the hell they work out the maths, science, logistics etc. etc. et f**king cetera to land the thing so successfully over such a distance!

My first query would be, where the hell do you point the rocket on launch.

It's all math and physics. Incredibly detailed math and physics, of course. I worked with some great engineers, and the Apollo astronauts that I worked with were consummate engineers combined with incredibly brave pilots - the best of the best.

I miss working in the space business, it was a lot of fun working with NASA, ESA, and other space agencies over the years. One of my former coworkers is the operations chief for the network that communicates with the spacecraft that are operating on and around Mars.

The award-winning US comedy TV show Frasier, which starred Kelsey Grammer as a psychiatrist with his own radio show, is set to return.

Grammer said the new series will focus on "the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr Frasier Crane".

The revival is being produced for Paramount+, the rebranded streaming service from US entertainment giant ViacomCBS.

As well as reprising his role as psychiatrist Frasier Crane, Grammer will also serve as executive producer on the series.

The actor, 66, said: "Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I'd like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world.

"I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr Frasier Crane

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th February 2021, 11:55 AM

The award-winning US comedy TV show Frasier, which starred Kelsey Grammer as a psychiatrist with his own radio show, is set to return.

Yer too late

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/186/8/#P1233383

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th February 2021, 11:35 PM

My first query would be, where the hell do you point the rocket on launch. :D

Doh! In the sky stupid!

Actually what about the one they sent to the outer reaches of space with that video disc?

You have to go at night. The Sun's no so hot and you can see Mars