BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 61

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd February 2021, 3:12 PM

...c**t

Underrated comment. :D

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd February 2021, 4:22 PM

I'm not sure, given my position in the league, the question of me being "okay" and "preserving my own situation" really enters into the equation. If anything it would seem that the boot is entirely on the other foot.

You have the highest GW1 points total of 91 points. I assumed your attitude was partly dictated by that.

At this rate, as I say, those at the top of the league may suddenly find themselves demoted with a week to go, which would hardly be fair.

Interesting that you use the word 'fair' and can understand the concept of fairness in relation to yourself.

It would be nice if, for a change, the level of your responses to me is lifted above that of inane and pointless personal abuse. It really adds nothing to any debate.

Actually your first comment to me in this thread was an insult: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35718/11/

I've attempted a rapprochement on several occasions (as I usually do). You only replied once.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd February 2021, 5:12 PM

Actually your first comment to me in this thread was an insult: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35718/11/

Only, as you can see, in a jocular response to your having insulted 14 of us - including myself - in one fell swoop. Probably unhealthy to hold a grudge for five months anyway.

No, five months is nothing! :)

We could have a vote on adjustments, A and B tables, which stats we use for it, when we do it etc. or just agree it's practically very difficult to do and will be disputed by many anyway. Posed an interesting little question though about Sportsmanship v Gamesmanship, something pros struggle with constantly. *EDIT* And Steve Sunshine. Wave

Alf is going to take some catching now, he's on a roll
I can see him topping whatever table we decide on in the end, the one we have or the myriad of others that I've yet to see

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 23rd February 2021, 11:00 PM

Alf is going to take some catching now, he's on a roll

Tell me abart it - trying to claw my way back up the H2H, finally get a decent week of 81 points and Alf destroys me dream with 97.

It's all about momentum
Me Don and Anton have already agreed to give Alf a guard of honour, or tunnel of death whichever

I'm not saying it's over but I know where my money is

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 23rd February 2021, 11:22 PM

It's all about momentum

I haven't got any....................I don't think I ever did.

You have your moments
and your ums

Umm, are you sure? Errr

I take solace in the hit song by Stealers Wheel.
They are singing my song in this league.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th February 2021, 9:11 AM

I take solace in the hit song by Stealers Wheel.
They are singing my song in this league.

"My Song in this League" ? Don't know that one.

You are to the left of me.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th February 2021, 10:12 AM

You are to the left of me.

When I retired, I gave a small speech when they presented me with my retirement gift. I said I would never forget having worked there. In particular I would remember our management meetings every time I heard those immortal lines "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right..."

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd February 2021, 6:01 PM

Only, as you can see, in a jocular response to your having insulted 14 of us - including myself - in one fell swoop. Probably unhealthy to hold a grudge for five months anyway.

I insulted the group, which includes me, so I assumed nobody would take it personally. It was also quite a good joke.

In real life I can't hold grudges at all, despite wanting to. That's why I still speak to Don, Steve and all the other c**ts on here. As Godot, I hold them for all eternity. Look at this post on page 51. https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35718/51/ I took the time to defend your team selection against Kipper's bollocks analysis, explaining why you did what you did and where you'd been very unlucky. You didn't even acknowledge it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd February 2021, 6:27 PM

No, five months is nothing! :)

We could have a vote on adjustments, A and B tables, which stats we use for it, when we do it etc. or just agree it's practically very difficult to do and will be disputed by many anyway. Posed an interesting little question though about Sportsmanship v Gamesmanship, something pros struggle with constantly. *EDIT* And Steve Sunshine. Wave

Lets just leave as it is. No adjustments. Me, Don and Playfull got shafted, doubtlessly not for the first time. You tedious ingrates lucked in, but are too ungracious to acknowledge it. Done.