TV Reminders Page 4

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th February 2021, 1:59 PM

Haven't got Sony Classic (we are poor you know), but did manage to get a cheap S/H DVD of The Wrong Box off eBay.

It's on Freeview 51.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th February 2021, 1:59 PM

Agree! Love Gordon Harker, especially in the superb, but sadly short-lived, Inspector Hornleigh films. - WITH non other than Alastair Sim (!!!) as his sergeant. Very funny films. :D

Watching Saloon Bar (again!) earlier reminded me that, interestingly, the voice of Lady Penelope's chauffeur, Parker, was inspired by Gordon Harker's vocal delivery.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th February 2021, 2:37 PM

Watching Saloon Bar (again!) earlier reminded me that, interestingly, the voice of Lady Penelope's chauffeur, Parker, was inspired by Gordon Harker's vocal delivery.

Not a lot of people know that...................and we're probably the only ones on here who are fans.

Three classic Cary Grant films on BBC2 @ 1pm this week:
Monday - Bringing Up Baby (a screwball comedy which inspired the 1972 film What's Up Doc)
Tuesday - The Bishop's Wife (a film in the mould of that Christmas perennial It's A Wonderful Life)
Wednesday - Mr Blandings Builds his Dream House

And comedy night on BBC4 on Tuesday from 8pm comprising:
The starts of re-runs of Yes Minister and The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin with the first episodes of each;
The British Sitcom - 60 years of Laughing at Ourselves
A celebration of The Secret Policeman's Ball concerts.

I think the first one is a repeat, but have already set the digi-box to record them both - I also think the TSPB is a short series?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2021, 11:30 PM

I think the first one is a repeat, but have already set the digi-box to record them both - I also think the TSPB is a short series?

WHEN???????????

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd February 2021, 8:13 PM

WHEN???????????

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st February 2021, 4:36 PM

Three classic Cary Grant films on BBC2 @ 1pm this week:
Monday - Bringing Up Baby (a screwball comedy which inspired the 1972 film What's Up Doc)
Tuesday - The Bishop's Wife (a film in the mould of that Christmas perennial It's A Wonderful Life)
Wednesday - Mr Blandings Builds his Dream House

And comedy night on BBC4 on Tuesday from 8pm comprising:
The starts of re-runs of Yes Minister and The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin with the first episodes of each;

Errr

I think Bringing up Baby is one of Cary's best ,as good as His Girl Friday.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th February 2021, 11:41 AM

Tuesday 12.30pm TPTV - Saloon Bar, an enjoyable whodunnit with Gordon Harker, Mervyn Johns, Alec Clunes (father of Martin) and Felix Aylmer. Anything with Gordon Harker in is always a good watch.

Seen it before, but Gordon Harker is in "Small Hotel" on Tues 2/3 10:30 am TPTV.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st March 2021, 12:16 AM

Seen it before, but Gordon Harker is in "Small Hotel" on Tues 2/3 10:30 am TPTV.

...and Irene Handl, Billie Whitelaw and Dora Bryan.

Yes

Whoopee! 3rd April, "Champion the Wonder Horse" on Saturday Morning Pictures TPTV.

Used to love this as a kid when it was on TV, so will give it one look as obviously it will no longer have the same appeal, as I found the case with Zorro, The Lone Ranger and Flash Gordon - nice to remember them for one showing, but strictly for the kids.

Was it Frankie Lane who sang the theme to Champion the Wonder Horse?

Yes, an uncredited (surprising) Frankie Laine.

"The Shape of Water" 9pm - C4 Fri. 26th March.
Excellent film. Darkly funny.