BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 60

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st February 2021, 11:10 PM

He and Godot can claim that the current tables are fake news but I'm going with proven facts for the time being

It's a tricky one to handle, as long time members who've contributed to the threads to make the league worthwhile I do see their point. They left because we were getting very few posts and lost a few members. It's now a good size league with a cracking post count but it's clear one or two (just two) don't take the league community aspect as seriously as they do winning titles.

With Godot you can see he takes the game and the league community seriously, a dedicated player and league member. It's unfortunate he missed GW1 but we PMd him the same time as everyone else and promoted it on here much earlier. I don't want to alienate the newish members by deleting their GW1 points so maybe we could have a parallel table this season to satisfy everyone? I'm not the one to do this as it'll take IT skills I don't have. Any suggestions and opinions welcome.

Best of luck Alf - it won't make a blind bit of difference to me, :( so do as you feel fit.

(I have zero IT skills to help you)

Quote: don rushmore @ 22nd February 2021, 12:22 AM

Dunno.

How many times have you stopped posting and quit the game halfway through?

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Not often enough

Quote: don rushmore @ 22nd February 2021, 12:22 AM

Dunno.

How many times have you stopped posting and quit the game halfway through?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd February 2021, 5:26 AM

Meow..................

30 all

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd February 2021, 1:05 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Not often enough

New balls, please, Rushmore to serve........................

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no reason to calculate your own table. It is already there, updated daily, on the League's website. Why complicate life unnecessarily?

Do it once, what's to stop it happening again. And again... Just to suit personal agendas. One team could be leading a week from the end of the season only to find itself demoted. We'll never know where we are. I have never been in a Fantasy League in which members have manipulated the league's official table.

Oh, you edited your last sentence out. I liked that, and agreed.

I genuinely think I've had enough of Grealish. He's not getting the points he should be. Especially when he's injured.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 22nd February 2021, 9:36 AM

With Godot you can see he takes the game and the league community seriously, a dedicated player and league member. It's unfortunate he missed GW1 but we PMd him the same time as everyone else and promoted it on here much earlier.

Since I came back to make some people's wishes come true and make this thread semi-viewable, you could at least show me the curtesy of letting me start from the same position as everyone else.

But don't worry, I'm not surprised people don't want to do that. I would never make the mistake of assuming anyone on here had any f**king morality or charity.

Obviously it's a clusterf**k and generally bollocks to be messing with the official scores but it's also deeply unsatisfactory for you to all be playing with a one week points advantage over me. I'm genuinely amazed that no-one seems remotely bothered by this.

If you read back through the thread you'll see that I only started asking for GW1 points to be dropped when Kipper said he would adjust the table for Vanden Stock's wildcard f**k up of 100pts. My position still stands. If that happens, and there is any 'adjusting' of the table at all, I would like there to be an adjustment to reflect that I'm playing with a one week points handicap. Please don't lay this at my door. The fact is I came to this thread after GW1 and didn't have a fantasy team to drop in to the league but was persuaded to join. Don't make it my fault when you all wanted me back.

There is an alternative way of removing my handicap if people don't want to lose their GW1 scores, you can add 59pts to my final total. This is the mean of GW1 points (827 divided by 14). This is not as fair as removing everyone's GW1 points but it is fairer than doing nothing.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 22nd February 2021, 9:36 AM

I don't want to alienate the newish members by deleting their GW1 points so maybe we could have a parallel table this season to satisfy everyone? I'm not the one to do this as it'll take IT skills I don't have. Any suggestions and opinions welcome.

You must be f**king joking? A parallel table? Yes, lets have a table each. We can all win the league.

What a load of f**king shit.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd February 2021, 6:28 PM

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no reason to calculate your own table. It is already there, updated daily, on the League's website. Why complicate life unnecessarily?

Because the existing table gives me a handicap. I realise that in your world, if you're okay, nothing is wrong, but that's not how other people see it, thankfully.

Do it once, what's to stop it happening again. And again... Just to suit personal agendas.

Yes, that's right. Give people a fair outcome and they'll just demand it again! Interesting use of the word 'agenda' to describe injustice. You sound like some syphilitic Home Counties Tory tosspot.

One team could be leading a week from the end of the season only to find itself demoted. We'll never know where we are.

Yeah, that sounds legit.. I don't think you actually understand the issue, but your desire to preserve your own situation at the expense of everybody else is noted.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd February 2021, 12:50 PM

Obviously it's a clusterf**k and generally bollocks to be messing with the official scores but it's also deeply unsatisfactory for you to all be playing with a one week points advantage over me. I'm genuinely amazed that no-one seems remotely bothered by this.

Stop over reacting, you drama queen. If no one was bothered by it I wouldn't have brought it up. I favour the idea for the sake of inclusiveness and sportsmanship but obviously it's not a unilateral decision, there are 15 members here not just me or you.

I have it on good authority that Godot was planning to pick the same team as Chappers in GW1, so we should do the sportsmanlike thing and award him the three extra points he would have secured.

You must be f**king joking? A parallel table? Yes, lets have a table each. We can all win the league.

What a load of f**king shit.

No it isn't. If any amending is done we are bound to end up with two tables. We can't physically adjust the official FPL Table, as Billy says. But if we create a new alternative one, we can all make our own minds up on which one to adhere to. Can't we.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd February 2021, 1:45 PM

I have it on good authority that Godot was planning to pick the same team as Chappers in GW1, so we should do the sportsmanlike thing and award him the three extra points he would have secured.

Laughing out loud Sorted.

There is an alternative way of removing my handicap if people don't want to lose their GW1 scores, you can add 59pts to my final total. This is the mean of GW1 points (827 divided by 14). This is not as fair as removing everyone's GW1 points but it is fairer than doing nothing.

There are other methods of calculating the average too, as always in statistics.

The FPL average for GW1 was 50. :)

Your own mean average up to now is 62. :(

The mean average of these three mean averages is 57

The average of this and the lowest is 53.5.

The average between the highest and lowest is 56.

The average of all these for a rounded down figure is 56.

So you won't get away with just slapping 59 on your total. 56 added would take you up to 3rd (2nd if modified) on 1446, breathing down my neck. Teary But at least it would stop you being a pain in it.

...c**t

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd February 2021, 1:05 PM

Because the existing table gives me a handicap. I realise that in your world, if you're okay, nothing is wrong, but that's not how other people see it, thankfully.

Yeah, that sounds legit.. I don't think you actually understand the issue, but your desire to preserve your own situation at the expense of everybody else is noted.

I'm not sure, given my position in the league, the question of me being "okay" and "preserving my own situation" really enters into the equation. If anything it would seem that the boot is entirely on the other foot. I'm just concerned about the creating of precedents and the fact that no-one will be certain from one week to the next where they stand in the league.

We're even talking about parallel tables and multiple ways of doing the calculation. It's already a mess and no-one's actually attempted the adjustments yet or even agreed who is responsible for doing so even though we've been talking about it for months. At this rate, as I say, those at the top of the league may suddenly find themselves demoted with a week to go, which would hardly be fair.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd February 2021, 1:05 PM

Interesting use of the word 'agenda' to describe injustice. You sound like some syphilitic Home Counties Tory tosspot.

It would be nice if, for a change, the level of your responses to me is lifted above that of inane and pointless personal abuse. It really adds nothing to any debate.