The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 710

The Everton players said it was a pity their fans couldn't have enjoyed their win at Anfield, but I say thank f**k it didn't have fans in the stadium, given Liverpool "fans" reputation - I'm thinking Heysel stadium and the Hillsborough disaster.

I think it's possible some lives were saved on Saturday.

Alfred it's a divorce and we're the ones who decided we wanted that divorce. So while we can do what we like and we have which is right in a democracy, we can hardly expect it to be amicable.
I'm sure that you and every other Brexit supporter will agree with me when I say that it would show a child like level of naivety to expect anything other than unreasonable behavior given that the reasons we cited for the divorce in the first place was that the other party was wholly unreasonable throughout the entire relationship.
So as they know that this competition will aid us to their determent they have said NO and we have to accept that as its only to be expected.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2021, 3:08 PM

The Everton players said it was a pity their fans couldn't have enjoyed their win at Anfield, but I say thank f**k it didn't have fans in the stadium, given Liverpool "fans" reputation - I'm thinking Heysel stadium and the Hillsborough disaster.

I think it's possible some lives were saved on Saturday.

Oooh no no no! You're not supposed to say that Herc. They're lovable scousers.

Herc no one hates Kopites more than I do but that's way over the top. There has always been a small amount of trouble at most derbies but not anywhere the level to have police segregation.
The trouble in the main comes from the type of Kopite that comes from out of town or foreign climbs that for some reason feel some sort of f**ked up attachment to the actual city?.
Scousers tend to argue more than fight and while we as a club were banned for 5 years after Heysel I very rarely use the term 'Murderers' as some other fans do .
As for Hillsborough that was the sheer incompetence indeed criminal actions or in-actions of South Yorkshire police and the actions of the media in concealing it. People where herded down tunnels and pressed against railings till they died, normal match goers sober and honest, just pushed and pushed till they died. Young girls and grandads, sons uncles and fathers.
No one would have died yesterday and there may have been 'Straighteners' One on one fair fights which is fine by me as if two dickheads want to roll all over the floor getting covered in piss and half hotdogs that wouldn't bother me, You can see that in any town centre most nights.
The joy I would have got if this match was attended would have been to watch all the fat middle aged Kopites in full kits including shin pads and managers coats with two carrier bags in each hand full of merchandise from the club shop making their way home on ships planes and trains with faces on them like a raw pie.

Exactly my attitude towards Manure supporters Teddy.

I use to stay in Wythenshawe Manchester in the early 70s with a really good mate I sadly lost touch with. He was Man U mad and a proper Manc.
We went to see Man U Leeds at Elland road and there were had fights going off g to and from the ground like I have never seen the likes of. We were herded into fence off pens and Man U fans were singing 'Oh Man United the only English team to win the European Cup' As Leeds had been beaten in the final and it went berserk. There was full blown fighting all over the gaff.
Anyway I got split up from my mate and on the way out I had to run with the Mancs and fight our way to the station as the plod lost all sense of control.
As we got on the train everyone was recounting their take on what happened to them and I had to keep my mouth shut as I was a Scouser.
My point is was back then they were real Mancs and it was their club, but now its gone the way of LFC and Chelski in being some sort of internet caper that caters for the middle classes on match day with all their subsequent packages of seats and hotel reservations etc, As for the rest of their low paid fans they sell their shite to Kenyans and Koreans on their websites.
Thats why I love fans who watch their local team regardless of their league non league status, the Premier is now a whore , its like the Circus Maximus . If Everton was in the 3rd division I would still be an Evertonian as anyone can be a Liverpool fan all you need is an Amex Card and and a taste for wearing XXXL replica kits.

Well as a season ticket holder for Sutton United I get to watch all their home games online and a few odd ones.

They're second in the National League, (5th division) 4 points behind Torquay with three games in hand.

I've watched them since 1966 and this is looking like a very successful season. Let's hope the Football League allows plastic pitches - just like in European and World Cup games.

Good for you lad the plastic stuff is getting better it use to leave you with carpet burn.
I used to sell advertising around football clubs official photo and fixture posters.Most of the reps wanted the Prem clubs as they thought it was the easy move, but I worked out quick that finding a Gooner or a Hammer outside of the clubs existing advertisers was almost impossible.
So I did the lower clubs and I remember the likes of Bristol City & Rovers local business was happy to get involved and advertise on both. The best one I did was Ipswich the whole town was behind it and I sold the lot in two days.

I think August 1992 was the start of the decline of English football for the true fan.
For me anyway.

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st February 2021, 7:38 PM

I think August 1992 was the start of the decline of English football for the true fan.
For me anyway.

Definitely. I'm waiting for the Yanks to relocate Manchester United and Liverpool to the States.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st February 2021, 8:02 PM

Definitely. I'm waiting for the Yanks to relocate Manchester United and Liverpool to the States.

Of course there has already been a case of relocating a team from one town to another. And that didn't require the intervention of the yanks. Just the connivance of the FA.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st February 2021, 10:56 PM

Of course there has already been a case of relocating a team from one town to another. And that didn't require the intervention of the yanks. Just the connivance of the FA.

That's what I mean. It's not inconceivable.

Everton Football Club have been given planning permission to build their third ground in the city on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey .

When I saw the Mersey, it was shit brown.

Giving your age away there Ste. It's got salmon in it now and when the stadiums up we will probably have dolphins as well Blue Bottle Nose ones .