Your Favourite Crisp Flavour Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th February 2021, 2:40 PM

Ewww, but I'm sorry, one doesn't frequent those places, don't yer know.

Can't you send your Butler there?

I didn't realize crisps were so popular with the elderly.

Frazzles
Discos
Frisps
Walkers ready salted
Mini cheddars

I used to love Pringles

But since they took out all the bad stuff to 'healthy' them up - They taste so bland now

Let's be clear. It's Salt & vinegar.

Aaron - please close this thread.

Quote: john tregorran @ 20th February 2021, 8:15 PM

Tut Tut The youth of today.

Brannigan's roast beef and mustard won us the war lad and everything in it.

Just remembered one of the school trips we went on was to the Smith's crisp factory in Great Yarmouth, and watching the "river" of boiling oil carrying the crisps as they would then be cooked by the time they reached the end.

But my abiding memory was the little machine that made the blue paper salt twists - it fascinated me! Of course, then, in the 1950s there was only one brand (Smiths) and one "flavour" (plain) but you did get the little blue greaseproof twist of paper of salt, which you sprinkled in the bag, if you wanted them salted. I always did, AND it was such a delight to find, when you searched the bag that the machine had given you TWO twists of salt...........................then again, some bags had none. :(

I once sent a packet of crisps back to walkers.
It was full of black burnt bits.

They sent me a letter thanking me and explaining that the black bits were from the oven roof and production had been stopped while they gave it a thorough clean.
Also - a box of crisps.

Quote: john tregorran @ 20th February 2021, 8:15 PM

We're a nation of shop keepers, tea drinkers and crisp eaters. Quite right. :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st February 2021, 9:32 AM

They sent me a letter thanking me and explaining that the black bits were from the oven roof and production had been stopped while they gave it a thorough clean.
Also - a box of crisps.

I like getting the odd overdone one, but it's rarer than it used to be with all their high tech laser machines now.

Also - a box of crisps.

Not crisps, but years ago I nearly broke a tooth on something very hard in a packet of peanuts, which turned out to be some female's gold earring.

Sent it to KP, telling them I was none too happy about it - they apologised, said they would look into it, and gave me a £3 voucher, to be used to buy some more of their peanuts. :(

Tight bastards! Angry

Yes, I know I should have claimed for some expensive dental work, but couldn't be arsed.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2021, 9:24 AM

Just remembered one of the school trips we went on was to the Smith's crisp factory in Great Yarmouth, and watching the "river" of boiling oil carrying the crisps as they would then be cooked by the time they reached the end.
(

I get my Smith's crisps six packs from Wilko only£1 as well. Very nice alternative to Walkers, which many including me complain have become too dry.

They have also reduced the amount of flavour powder.
Probably under the guise of looking after our health.

Also - a box of crisps.

I got a packet which contained only one soggy potato. I couldn't be arsed to do anything about it.

Specially organic vegan product cooked in a kettle with genuine sea salt and rolled on a Cuban maiden's thigh before imported back to a genuine (natch - read for this factory pouring out the stench of sadistically stuffed together chickens) farm in Slad or Malton. Tastes like nothing. You can - actually - find a girlfriend who enjoys not only performing oral sex but also licking one's armpits. I'm a bit disappointed in the comments here. Yeah, ok, I'm a cheese and onion fella myself not on any principles. But where is the imagination? As I said just do cheap ready salted and add in Angelic mustard and dog hair (B) sausage and fanny juice and (C) gnats' roe and your own penis oil. Etc. The list is frankly endless. Why is everyone so committed to being ripped off by what millionaires tell them they should have in some ocean killing bag?

My heart sinks.