Your Favourite Crisp Flavour

I really can't believe that there's not a thread on this already. (I'm sure there was!)

Anyway ultimately I think some sort of Roast Chicken although years ago I remember Barbecue Spare Rib being wonderful.

Salt and vinegar.

Quote: chipolata @ 19th February 2021, 9:25 PM

Salt and vinegar.

No. That's crap.

Seldom eat them but when I do it would be Chicken or Smoky Bacon.
Never did like those blue crisps Smiths used to have.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2021, 10:01 PM

No. That's crap.

It's the no-nonsense man's choice that scares the lardy-da crisp eaters.

Quote: chipolata @ 19th February 2021, 10:10 PM

It's the no-nonsense man's choice that scares the lardy-da crisp eaters.

If you want a basic one it has to be Smith's Cheese and Onion from the 1960s.

Does anybody listen to Crisps on the Radio on the Radcliffe and Maconie BBC 6 music show?

Quote: chipolata @ 19th February 2021, 9:25 PM

Salt and vinegar.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2021, 10:01 PM

No. That's crap.

Don't take any notice of Chappers, as he clearly has no taste. Salt & Vinegar Rule!!

What I used to also like, but I don't think are available anymore was Smith's Oxo crisps - so mouth watering!

Horseradish likes to buy plain crisps and dunk in his own additions.

Plain McCoys crisps are my no.1 snack purchase, but are ridiculously hard to get hold of these days. Supermarkets tend to sell the other flavours and not this one for some strange reason. But I often buy their Salt & Vinegar six packs as theirs is the best version of that flavour imo. It can be too sharp on most thinner crisps. Walkers Marmite crisps are very addictive, as are Golden Wonder's exquisite Sausage & Tomato but you only get two of them in a 6 pack. Angry

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th February 2021, 8:07 AM

................. Golden Wonder's exquisite Sausage & Tomato but you only get two of them in a 6 pack. Angry

Where on earth are you buying Golden Wonder? I haven't seen them for years - is it now a regional thing?

By the way, I would have thought your favourite would be Kipper flavour. :D I'd buy them - I love kippers!!

Iceland. The shop. Also seen them in various pound stores and I think The Grange may have them as well. They're definitely back on the shelves, a nice alternative to Walkers methinks.

Yes I'd try kipper flavour.

I'm also not averse to a bag of chilli beef if I'm feeling decadent.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2021, 11:48 PM

Don't take any notice of Chappers!

I've been living by that rule for the last fifteen years on the BCG!

Seabrook cheese and onion. Very strong so no golloping them down.

They make em not far from me and if you drive past, the smell of them cooking is heavenly

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th February 2021, 8:07 AM

Plain McCoys crisps are my no.1 snack purchase, but are ridiculously hard to get hold of these days. Supermarkets tend to sell the other flavours and not this one for some strange reason. But I often buy their Salt & Vinegar six packs as theirs is the best version of that flavour imo. It can be too sharp on most thinner crisps. Walkers Marmite crisps are very addictive, as are Golden Wonder's exquisite Sausage & Tomato but you only get two of them in a 6 pack. Angry

What are the other 4? Presumably 2 of each of 2 flavours.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th February 2021, 8:19 AM

Where on earth are you buying Golden Wonder? I haven't seen them for years - is it now a regional thing?

Yes - Poundland. But I get their cheese and onion because they have a better taste than Walkers.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th February 2021, 1:48 PM

Yes - Poundland. But I get their cheese and onion because they have a better taste than Walkers.

Ewww, but I'm sorry, one doesn't frequent those places, don't yer know.