Status report Page 6,087

To be honest, I don't.
I probably read it about every 2, 3 month.
But the annual statement is pleasing when they compare what you would have paid with your old supplier.
When there's knocking on for £500 in you bank that wouldn't have been there.

Makes sense. :)

Anyone had a bad experience swapping suppliers?

My BH is a gardner.She gets paid by this chap to maintain his very large garden.He has just paid to join the local CrossFit gym to get fit.She's not going to tell him how he could save money.

I was wearing shorts and sweating three days ago, but now we're in the middle of an unusually cold and long-lasting winter storm. It's 25F/-4C and expected to drop to 9F/-13C overnight. The roads are icy and all the major overpasses and bridges have been closed. I'm supposed to drive 35 miles to work at 5 AM tomorrow, but I don't think I'll make it. They're expecting up to 3 inches of snow and it won't rise above freezing until Tuesday afternoon, so I might get two days off. :)

My neighbors flew to southern California for the weekend and they just texted to say that they're stranded because our airport is shutting down. At least it's warm in SoCal.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th February 2021, 7:44 PM

My neighbors flew to southern California for the weekend and they just texted to say that they're stranded because our airport is shutting down. At least it's warm in SoCal.

Apparently it never rains there.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th February 2021, 7:59 PM

Apparently it never rains there.

It pours, man, it pours.

Just woke up to 8-12 inches of snow and a freezing cold room. They've been instituting rolling blackouts due to huge energy requirements. Half the state's wind turbines are frozen and not operational. It's 57F/14C downstairs, so I just moved upstairs into a bedroom where it's 64F/18C. It's 8F/-13C outside with a wind chill of -8F/-22. And there goes the power again...

It's all caused by Global Warming of course.

My gas boiler shut down yesterday & so my house interior plunged to 15 deg C, strangely the water loop pressure had dropped to zero, implying a leak. I repressurised it and it started OK, with no sign of a leak anywhere.

Weird.

Ben was briefly staring at a 14th century tower earlier. He hopes to go inside it one day for a look about. But he'll have to wait for lockdown to end. And for the building's seasonal opening period to start.

Ben's had a couple of glasses of wine. He misses the thrill of being drunk. It's like it's the 2000s again.

Quote: Ben @ 16th February 2021, 7:33 PM

Ben's had a couple of glasses of wine. He misses the thrill of being drunk. It's like it's the 2000s again.

Oh yes, the third person. That is quite unique in my experience - although it brings back happy memories of 2017. I did try it but apart from blending in my inner with pictures of Superman and my outer with soft toys who I think are me I was always crap at it. I do feel ashamed but if Tyson Fury can open up then so can I.

I now know why they call having the covid vaccine 'the jab' No searching for a vein or tourniquet to raise them.
Eric Bristow couldn't have thrown a better dart. Straight in the arm up to the hilt in one fast motion.

I thought they only look for a vein when they are drawing blood?

I seriously never felt it going in - or the jab.

I wasn't in the boy scouts myself and so I massage my ego on my uncanny patriotism. I certainly can't thank my neurotic mother for that one, nature itself as she was before turning dark witch. Anyhow, one goes on Amazon. Can't stand that word "one's". What the bleeding hell is wrong with you. Horseradish don't like it and he observes himself strangely somewhat. Can he get a woggle? Can he 'eck as like. He feels that he has been badly done by and also notwithstanding the dodginess of Baden Powell it is ironic that it is in that perv's Dorset island that the delightful red squirrels exist. This is real news. Not the crud we get now incessantly on the airwaves and which makes his heart sink. Which is why he has bought a duck which repeats everything he says. Tbh, I he is thrilled by it and hasn't had such good times since the General Strike.