Toast Of Tinseltown

Toast is back - and this time with the BBC!

He'll be able to hear Clem Fandango from Hollywood, I'm sure.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6208/toast-of-tinseltown/

This is fantastic news. Channel 4 have royally f**ked up by not commissioning this. I just hope that the woke BBC don't water the humor down or insist on quotas.

It is good news.
When you use "humor" I presume you are already getting into the Americanization of it.

Quote: Will Cam @ 11th February 2021, 9:39 PM

........................humor ............

Angry

Laughing out loud sausage fingers

Quote: john tregorran @ 11th February 2021, 10:59 PM

It is good news.
When you use "humor" I presume you are already getting into the Americanization of it.

Who doesn't like Matt Berry?

Sadly the writing is pisspoor.

I've quite liked Toast of Tinseltown so far. Probably about as good as Toast of London, which was a bit overrated really but fine. Seen the first couple of episodes of Tinseltown so far (they're all currently available to watch if you don't want to do that 'one per week' thing).
A couple of unexpected cameos, and some quite amusing bits.

I have binged watched all 6. Bloody fantastic the lot of it. Loved the original and this is just as good.

I like it ... but not nearly as much as I adored Toast of London. Maybe it's those extra five minutes per episode?

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 27th January 2022, 9:49 PM

Maybe it's those extra five minutes per episode?

Should never make a difference for a good scriptwriter. I always reference Cleese & Booth's only sitcom when a sitcom's airtime is questioned. It's the only one I know of where the BBC let the episodes overrun and mess up their usually strictly controlled schedule. No one complained!

Conversely, if an extra five mins makes a sitcom drag, I'd question the quality of the previous 25. I will try to catch this if only to see if the Beeb have rewoked it. Of TOL I didn't hate it but I found it gimmicky and over quirky. This tends to make shows seem less smooth and natural, to me, which is a pet hate of mine. Has it been revealed why C4 let this go? Because it screamed C4 sitcom to me. Morning.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th January 2022, 7:54 AM

Should never make a difference for a good scriptwriter. I always reference Cleese & Booth's only sitcom when a sitcom's airtime is questioned. It's the only one I know of where the BBC let the episodes overrun and mess up their usually strictly controlled schedule. No one complained!

Conversely, if an extra five mins makes a sitcom drag, I'd question the quality of the previous 25. I will try to catch this if only to see if the Beeb have rewoked it. Of TOL I didn't hate it but I found it gimmicky and over quirky. This tends to make shows seem less smooth and natural, to me, which is a pet hate of mine. Has it been revealed why C4 let this go? Because it screamed C4 sitcom to me. Morning.

Yes, you're right, those five minutes shouldn't make any difference whatsoever, I am sure it should be better, not worse. I just wish that it was funnier. Granted, I like quirky shows, but not at the cost of laughs.

I think he should have stayed in London. Suitably amazed by Doon Mackichan and whoever does her makeup.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 27th January 2022, 9:49 PM

I like it ... but not nearly as much as I adored Toast of London.

I thought Tinseltown started off promising but slowly went downhill. I didn't enjoy it nowhere near as much as the London series. Get him back to London and do a Series 4!