Things that piss you off Page 1,798

This must be the slowwwwwwwwwwwest website on the entire internet.....

I didn't get a BT super hub 2 so I could stare at the ceiling waiting for web pages to load

Sheesh!Eh?

For me today it's zipping along.I can't keep up with it.

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd February 2021, 8:17 PM

This must be the slowwwwwwwwwwwest website on the entire internet.....

I didn't get a BT super hub 2 so I could stare at the ceiling waiting for web pages to load

Sheesh!Eh?

Quote: john tregorran @ 2nd February 2021, 11:21 PM

For me today it's zipping along.I can't keep up with it.

Maybe you should move to Australia Lofthouse.

Why do they insist on referring to Myanmar, Beijing and Mumbai?

We don't refer to Deutschland or Hellas do we?

Parents complaining about having to home school three, four, five children or more.

Serves them bloody right for having so many brats in the first place!

You go to the bakers and buy an iced finger with loads of icing on it. They put it in a paper bag and when you get home all the bloody icing is stuck to the bag!

Quote: Chappers @ 6th February 2021, 11:41 AM

You go to the bakers and buy an iced finger with loads of icing on it. They put it in a paper bag and when you get home all the bloody icing is stuck to the bag!

I can give you nice iced finger

Is it just me, or is anyone who uses the term 'frenemy' a total c**t?

never heard of it.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th February 2021, 7:21 PM

Is it just me, or is anyone who uses the term 'frenemy' a total c**t?

No, it's not just you who's a total c**t.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th February 2021, 3:35 PM

No, it's not just you who's a total c**t.

Laughing out loud

I keep seeing an advert for Medical Detectives on the CBS channel and in a preview someone talking about DNA and other forensic evidence says "The chance of it being anyone else was 1 in 125 quadrillion". Am I missing something because how can the odds be higher than the population of the planet?

Edit: Just realised it's called Evidence Of Evil not Medical Detectives.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 10th February 2021, 7:16 PM

I keep seeing an advert for Medical Detectives on the CBS channel and in a preview someone talking about DNA and other forensic evidence says "The chance of it being anyone else was 1 in 125 quadrillion". Am I missing something because how can the odds be higher than the population of the planet?

Edit: Just realised it's called Evidence Of Evil not Medical Detectives.

That's a much higher figure than I have ever seen quoted for DNA evidence, but in principle there's no error in having probabilities with numbers higher than the world population. It just means that it is highly unlikely that there is even one other person on the Earth with the same DNA sequence as yourself.

That in itself does not indicate that it is highly improbable that two persons on the Earth have the same DNA (excluding twins). Look into the logic problem of two persons in a group having the same birthday, to see the logic/probability-maths of that situation.

Quote: billwill @ 11th February 2021, 3:11 PM

That's a much higher figure than I have ever seen quoted for DNA evidence, but in principle there's no error in having probabilities with numbers higher than the world population. It just means that it is highly unlikely that there is even one other person on the Earth with the same DNA sequence as yourself.

That in itself does not indicate that it is highly improbable that two persons on the Earth have the same DNA (excluding twins). Look into the logic problem of two persons in a group having the same birthday, to see the logic/probability-maths of that situation.

Does that mean that there might be someone on another planet with the same DNA as me?

And I still can't accept that every snowflake is different.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th February 2021, 3:43 PM

Does that mean that there might be someone on another planet with the same DNA as me?

And I still can't accept that every snowflake is different.

INSUFFICIENT INFORMATION... Beep, Beep.