The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 709

I can remember a time when I could actually pronounce their names.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th February 2021, 8:02 PM

Loftus-Cheek, Maitland-Niles, Walker-Peters, Alexander-Arnold, Calvert-Lewin, Hudson-Odoi... To name but six.

Who remembers when Ian Storey-Moore was something of a novelty with his double-barrelled name?

Didn't he drop the Storey?

And we thought Peter Rhoades Brown was posh because his name was double-barrelled. Far from that nowadays.

The referee Mike Dean is to step back from officiating duties after his family was threatened on their private social media accounts, becoming the latest victims in an ongoing tide of online abuse against prominent football figures.

Dean has reported the abuse - which included death threats - to police and will take no part in the next round of Premier League fixtures, the referees' body has confirmed. He is expected to return the following week. The incident apparently followed Dean's decision to send off West Ham's midfielder Tomas Soucek in the closing seconds of their draw with Fulham last weekend.

What is the matter with these morons - it's only a f**king football match. The man hasn't invaded Poland or committed mass murder. Jesus, some of these knuckle dragging one eyebrow cro-magnons need to get a life FFS!!

Most of it will be lads between the ages of 12 -17 and then skinhead men 40+ who live with their mothers. I watched a police show about the Met where they had one lad on Facebook waving two pistols around and who he wasn't going kill in a neighbouring postcode wasn't worth killing.
So they they went through his front door fully armed and he turned out to be 14 and lived with his nan and the guns were toy,
My point is that these threats won't stop but they will stop the game if we don't do something.
For me the threats should be given 'Maximum' Reaction and regardless of their age nick them and have them in court the same week so that the papers can have a field day and people get the message.
Far to often if there is a prosecution its months down the line and the damage is done and the news has moved on and the message is lost.
If we had a system were these idiots were nicked withing the hour and simply asked 'Did you write that' If they say yes they get 12 months on the spot and if they deny it they get 3 years after its proven for wasting police time.
It sounds harsh but we need show an awful lot of people that talking like Hitler or sending death threats has immediate and quantifiable consequences.

I know they blamed Alison for those errors which led to Manchester City scoring 2 goals but I blame the Liverpool players who kept playing dodgy passes back to him in dangerous areas. Suicidal!

Liverpool FC is not a football club its a global Victim Support scheme for people who have no sense of irony .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 10th February 2021, 12:19 PM

Liverpool FC is not a football club its a global Victim Support scheme for people who have no sense of irony .

So how would you describe Manchester United?

I don't mind Man U as they do Kopites heads in and lets be honest Sir Alex is the greatest manager of our times and he has been recognised for it by the club unlike what what Liverpool did to poor Bill Shankly,

Quote: Chappers @ 10th February 2021, 2:10 PM

So how would you describe Manchester United?

I hate Liverpool as much as you hate Manchester United

They can't even spell the sign correctly that was over the tunnel leading to the pitch........................

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 11th February 2021, 9:50 AM

I don't mind Man U as they do Kopites heads in and lets be honest Sir Alex is the greatest manager of our times and he has been recognised for it by the club unlike what what Liverpool did to poor Bill Shankly,

Sorry. I don't like red teams in general but Ferguson was an arrogant bully who scared the media, referees, his players and the FA .

Quote: Chappers @ 11th February 2021, 3:37 PM

Sorry. I don't like red teams in general but Ferguson was an arrogant bully who scared the media, referees, his players and the FA .

I know, you told me you like those short shorts with off the shoulder pink shirts. :*

Zaha is saying he will not "take the knee" anymore, his reasons being perfectly valid, and I say "Good on him". The point has been made, so let's move on as it is verging on the farcical.

He says he will instead, "Stand Tall". Amen to that. Good man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/18/wilfried-zaha-declares-he-will-stop-taking-a-knee-crystal-palace

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2021, 10:40 AM

Zaha is saying he will not "take the knee" anymore, his reasons being perfectly valid, and I say "Good on him". The point has been made, so let's move on as it is verging on the farcical.

He says he will instead, "Stand Tall". Amen to that. Good man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/18/wilfried-zaha-declares-he-will-stop-taking-a-knee-crystal-palace

It needed someone like him to make a stand (!!!).

It has become pointless.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th February 2021, 3:37 PM

Sorry. I don't like red teams in general .

That's interesting in a way as I seem to like white teams, not consciously for the shirt colour but after Leeds I've always liked Spurs and Fulham the best. Spurs for their football, Fulham for their lovely little stadium on the river and for being Chelsea's rivals.

EUFA have just shown their true colours again, EU blue. The German chief said recently that Euro 2020 would have to be held in just one country because of Covid. When our sports & culture minister then offered to host it all in England safely due to our advanced vacs prog they huddled together and said No we can do it safely in 12 European countries as planned. Which ofcourse they can't! The order probably came from Frau VDL. We'll probably never host a tourney again, Spiteful incompetent twats.

Well said Alfred, I thought exactly the same thing.