What are you listening to now? Page 1,444

K.D. Lang with The Siss Boom Bang there.

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th February 2021, 5:48 PM

I love the Damned. They were really lumped as Punk and consequently labelled as violent but there was a lot of intelligence and fun there.

They went a bit goth didn't they?

King Crimson live in Vienna.

Words by Guthrie,music by Bragg and Wilco.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th January 2021, 12:12 AM

I think I'll stick one up on here occasionally. :) Let other people remember or hear what they were missing.

The classic 1960s guitar instrumental - had to include this one..................this brings back SO many memories - one being standing in front of the mirror with a tennis racket pretending to be Hank Marvin playing his red Strat. :D

Bert Weedon had a big influence in those days too,no one pretended to be him though .

I love Bert! With his book he taught so many people to play the guitar, but he was no pop idol and his version of Apache here is not a patch on The Shadows.

However, his teach yourself guitar "Play in a Day" was a massive seller and many guitarists **(including Hank, Eric Clapton and Brian May)** credited him with getting them interested and playing.

With Brian May and Bruce Welch

**And here he is on This Is Your Life, when those three guitar legends made a televisual appearance to praise his influence on them.**

Thanks.Very interesting.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th January 2021, 12:12 AM

I think I'll stick one up on here occasionally. :) Let other people remember or hear what they were missing.

This was The Hunters follow up to Teen Scene, (which follows and I've already featured) before they virtually disappeared off the scene. :(

Really do love this - it so evokes the early 60s for me.

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th February 2021, 11:05 PM

Yes I had that when it first came out. Along with Cortinas, Step Forward made some great singles in the early days of Punk.