Carry On Again Doctor

Carry On Again Doctor is the eighteenth in the series of Carry On films to be made. It was released in 1969 and was the third to feature a medical theme. The film features series regulars Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Barbara Windsor and Hattie Jacques. This was Jim Dale's last Carry On appearance for 23 years before his return in Carry On Columbus.

A disgraced doctor is sent to a remote clinic on an inhospitable tropical island where he learns of a native slimming potion. He flies back to England to cash in on the potion, soon finding success running a lavish slimming clinic. However his former professional rivals who had been instrumental in sending him away in the first place now want a slice of the profits, as does the real discoverer of the slimming potion.

Anyone else like this film? This is one of my favourite Carry Ons?

Department of lost causes and old thread revival here again, and forsooth all you BCG posters for ignoring George Roper's post - no wonder he went off us. Dear George, come back mate, I miss your honest posts and ignoring the brickbats.

So, one of your favourites, but not mine. It was OK, just, and the highlight for me was to be given the opportunity to lust once again over Valerie Leon.

7/10