Crapworth 69 18 - 26.1.21 Page 2

Alfred, because it felt like St Trinians and I was surprised to be surprised by the ending.
All good but in joint second place:
Gappy's point about the empty stable was well observed, how did they get there ?
Michael I'm impressed you know so many clean jokes about transportation, can you do the same with fruit ?

Which fruit rejects males? Mango.
My favourite fruit is like my favourite Spice Girl. It's melony, see?
Why was the fruit salad lonely? Because the banana split.

Firkin is the winner for me :-)

One of the strongest rounds in a while, I think. My vote goes to Tiggy - great out-there premise, though the sub-plot of people waiting for stage directions could be a whole other sketch.

Very nearly went for Gappy, sharp as always and I'm amazed there's still a new observation to be had from the nativity. Strong raft of gags from Michael, pushes at the definition of a skit as ever but then the rules of this comp do seem to be emergent rather than defined and it's his comp, so I guess it's fine. And Otterfox - bit confused by the ending, but I really liked the absurdity of the escalation.

Hmmmmm, TBH I thought the subject was a tad wasted, we could have had rocket ships, submarine tourers and Sinclair C6s. Having said that, a couple stood out for their visuality and inventiveness. Also, Michael's usual gag fest was supercharged. But in 2nd it's Playfull's colourful Star Trek episode just behind

Firkin's rhyming satire on the costly merryground of Huge Transport White Elephant Gravy Trains from the Chunnel to HS2 to deadly 'smart motorways'. It really is decided by a load of chair swivelling suited bureautwats and moneymen in hi viz jackets and hard hats well out of their environment. Angry

Quote: Firkin @ 27th January 2021, 1:04 PM

Michael I'm impressed you know so many clean jokes about transportation, can you do the same with fruit ?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 27th January 2021, 1:56 PM

Which fruit rejects males? Mango.
My favourite fruit is like my favourite Spice Girl. It's melony, see?
Why was the fruit salad lonely? Because the banana split.

That's a yes then, :)

It's a no from me.
What do you call a cross between a Spice Girl, fruit and honey? Melony bee.

Playful said my ending was a bit rushed. HOW DARE H...actually it was totally rushed. Suffering from Long Covid at the moment. Can't concentrate on much for longer than about 10 minutes, so got to a point then thought "I can't be arsed with this" and looked for the quickest way to end it. I'd like to redo it and explore the whole talking vehicle problem more fully sometime. I mean, how do they reproduce? We've all ejaculated up the exhaust pipe of our cars haven't we, but it never results in pregnancy.

Yes. We've all been there.

Quote: Tiggy @ 28th January 2021, 2:29 PM

Suffering from Long Covid at the moment.

Wow, hope you make a full recovery...I would have replied earlier but i had to find a mask first...

Quote: playfull @ 28th January 2021, 3:54 PM

Wow, hope you make a full recovery...I would have replied earlier but i had to find a mask first...

Thanks. Not suffering badly at all. It's just annoying being so tired all the time.

Liked lots this week but the barrage of jokes from Mr. Monkouse wins it for me.

Wow, a vote! That's three more than usual.
Results comin'...

Quote: Tiggy @ 28th January 2021, 4:26 PM

Thanks. Not suffering badly at all. It's just annoying being so tired all the time.

Hope you get better/more awake, soon, Tiggy.