What are you watching on TV? Page 2,205

Danger Man on London Live. I don't think I've ever actually watched it before. A bit before my time. We didn't have ITV until about the mid 1960s.

I know the Prisoner and the Saint quite well though.

And now Otway the movie which I was a credited producer for.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2357748/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

A documentary about Joanna Dennehy and interviews with police and her parents who have disowned her. What's so shocking is how she was so laid back in custody and just chatting to everyone. She had already killed three and minutes earlier stabbed someone over 30 times in the back and chest and it's a miracle he survived with two collapsed lungs. Yet she is just laughing it off and flirting with police while being booked in for three counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder.

The police in the interviews said they had never seen anything like it and to this day there is no remorse. Even in prison her influence is a risk to staff and inmates.

London Live (yes I know!) is showing the Best of the Tube - Channel 4's music show from the 80s.

Fascinating to see Frankie's Relax before and after they got a recording contract.

Cindy Lauper and it made me wonder are there any real female characters in the pop world today. There was Tori Amos as well in those days. In fact I wondered if there are ANY characters in the pop world nowadays.

And then Cameo - a brilliant funk band.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd January 2021, 8:33 PM

Cameo - a brilliant funk band.

Word (up)

New would I lie to you

The standard of panellist on the first two shows has been appalling

I can barely be arsed to watch

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd January 2021, 9:21 PM

New would I lie to you

The standard of panellist on the first two shows has been appalling

I can barely be arsed to watch

There were some very funny bits though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYLgEsrLn4

Are you being served?

Mrs Slocombe is late for work again

Probably problems with her vagina again

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th January 2021, 11:41 AM

Are you being served?

Mrs Slocombe is late for work again

Probably problems with her vagina again

Somehow it doesn't have quite the same comedic effect the way you tell it. And I am unanimous in that.

I'm watching Finding Alice. On one of the other channels there's another series called Losing Alice.

Alice! Alice? Who the.................

Laurel and Hardy - Sons of the desert

"...you wax eater!"

Laughing out loud

The boy in the striped pyjamas

DeLorean: Back from the Future

Riveting documentary about the man mostly, and that car. Never did know the full story behind it all, and this was bloody superb!

What a lying bastard he was, what with money disappearing into private accounts (£8,000,00 of which is STILL unaccounted for 25 years later) that came directly and immediately from our government top up loan, AND I never realised the involvement of Colin Chapman of Lotus, so much so that the DeLorean was actually a Lotus Esprit - you check it out and see.
AND how if Chapman hadn't died when he did, he would have probably have gone to jail for 10 years over his involvement with DeLorean's money laundering. So much for clean cut car/racing car hero Chapman!

Bloody mind blowing, and what an eyeopener!!

*EDIT*

OK, so which is which............................

"The Best of the Tube" on London Live. Just saw I'd missed The Old Guys. Wasn't that written by one of our very own?

Interesting to see all these 80s acts. Wasn't that Eddie Reader singing backup for the wonderful Alison Moyet?