TV Reminders Page 3

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th January 2021, 2:59 PM

You're doing it again :(

Yes and I did read that at the time and remember Stephen's response but, in the excitement of the moment this morning, I momentarily forgot that this was where I'd read it - I was thinking that it was on the TPTV website. After all it was five days ago - they say it's the short term memory that goes first!

But, in my defence the running order for the first week is at least updated information.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th January 2021, 4:14 PM

But, in my defence the running order for the first week is at least updated information.

(mutter, mutter); but you're forgiven my son. Angelic

I was never allowed to go to Saturday Morning Pictures. That was for the rough kids.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th January 2021, 8:18 PM

I was never allowed to go to Saturday Morning Pictures. That was for the rough kids.

It's no wonder you kept getting beaten up

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th January 2021, 9:18 AM

Hurrah! Starting from Saturday 6th Feb., TPTV are replicating, from 9 to 12, "Saturday Morning Pictures", which was a must for us Baby Boomers as we were sent packing to the local Ritz with our tanner (6d = 2½p) for a feast of, usually, a cartoon, edge of the seat serial, cowboy film and maybe an educational film, and half way through, if it was your birthday, they would have you up on the stage to receive a present. Can't remember what they were now.

Such happy memories, then out at midday to pour into the toy section of the local department store to see what we could afford/steal Pirate in the way of plastic soldiers etc.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd January 2021, 1:18 PM

Oh I say, Swipe me.

A TV series I have never ever watched, but am now intrigued as it was so popular, and it is being repeated from the first episode on the Drama channel 6.40 pm this coming Monday 25th.

P'tang Yang Kipperbang is a Jack Rosenthal TV film, shown on Channel 4 on its second night of broadcasting and has since become something of a cult classic, being shown occasionally at the BFI. It stars a 14 year old Abigail Cruttenden (Not Going Out, Benidorm, etc). It is on Film4 at 2am Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Cup Fever (1965)

A must for all footie fans as this is being shown on Sat. 6th Feb. at 9.40am (part of the first Saturday Morning Pictures) and stars Bernard Cribbins, David Lodge and Norman Rossington amongst others; BUT ALSO, playing themselves are :-

Matt Busby, Denis Law, Bobby Charlton, Nobby Stiles, David Herd, Pat Dunne, Jack Crompton, George Best, John Connelly, Pat Crerand, Tony Dunne, Bill Foulkes, Shay Brennan and Bert Trautmann.

From the IMDb:-
"The children of Barton United are trying to win the cup in their local football league. Nasty councillor Mr Bates doesn't like them and wants the team his son plays for to win instead so he makes life as difficult as he can for them. However, Barton United are offered help by the local professional team that just happens to be Manchester United with its manager Matt Busby."

To our loyal viewers, we are sorry to announce
that from the 1st of Feb, CCX TV
will no longer be available to watch.
Thank you so much for all your support over the years

Oh dear

How sad

Never mind

TPTV Friday 5/2 4.05pm "The Plank" - the original and best, co-starring Tommy Cooper.

IF you've never seen it (and why not?) give it a look. Classic and very funny from the stable of Eric Sykes.

Mayim Bialik (Sheldon's girlfriend/wife in The Big Bang Theory) is on Graham Norton next Friday, IF you are interested, that is. I wonder why she is on there and expect it will be via Zoom or whatever.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th January 2021, 9:18 AM

Hurrah! Starting from Saturday 6th Feb., TPTV are replicating, from 9 to 12, "Saturday Morning Pictures", which was a must for us Baby Boomers as we were sent packing to the local Ritz with our tanner (6d = 2½p) for a feast of, usually, a cartoon, edge of the seat serial, cowboy film and maybe an educational film, and half way through, if it was your birthday, they would have you up on the stage to receive a present. Can't remember what they were now.

Such happy memories, then out at midday to pour into the toy section of the local department store to see what we could afford/steal Pirate in the way of plastic soldiers etc.

Watched it all today in bits, off the digi-box. The first episodes of Zorro, Flash Gordon and The Lone Ranger were hilarious. Would have thought them great at the time, but apart from a very good fight scene in Zorro, the scenarios were plain daft, especially when the good cowboys were pursuing the baddies and vice versa - all of them banging off guns for no reason at all and appearing to have an endless supply of bullets in their six-shooters.
The best things for me were the Popeye and Superman cartoons. Have reviewed the "Cup Fever" film elsewhere.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/35193/34/#P1232341

Tuesday 12.30pm TPTV - Saloon Bar, an enjoyable whodunnit with Gordon Harker, Mervyn Johns, Alec Clunes (father of Martin) and Felix Aylmer. Anything with Gordon Harker in is always a good watch.

This is followed on Sony Classic at 2.35 (giving sufficient time to get your Kia-Ora and hot dog) by The Wrong Box

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th February 2021, 11:41 AM

Tuesday 12.30pm TPTV - Saloon Bar, an enjoyable whodunnit with Gordon Harker, Mervyn Johns, Alec Clunes (father of Martin) and Felix Aylmer. Anything with Gordon Harker in is always a good watch.

This is followed on Sony Classic at 2.35 (giving sufficient time to get your Kia-Ora and hot dog) by The Wrong Box

Agree! Love Gordon Harker, especially in the superb, but sadly short-lived, Inspector Hornleigh films. - WITH non other than Alastair Sim (!!!) as his sergeant. Very funny films. :D

Haven't got Sony Classic (we are poor you know), but did manage to get a cheap S/H DVD of The Wrong Box off eBay.