Not Going Out - Series 11 Page 2

Yeah it took a turn I didn't expect, haha. I was guessing that Carol had caught on that it was Lee and was leading him on for the fun of it to trick him, but thankfully the truth was funnier. :D

I've always liked Susie Blake since she was the snobbish announcer on Victoria Wood's show.

Also interesting to note that they were reading a copy of a Chorley local paper at the same time as Chorley played Wolves in the FA Cup.

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd January 2021, 12:27 AM

Hilarious ending. I was properly cackling. Wonderful.

Same here. An excellent episode, the best one yet of this current series IMO.

Thought the premise and conflict was very forced this week. Lucy's only role these days is to harangue Lee about every perceived flaw then take offence if he does the same to her.

Good episode. Lovely tribute to Bobby Ball. He got a really strong part in this episode as well.

Nice to see John Archer as the most patient taxi driver ever seen in any show.

Interesting really that Lee was only a bit part player really tonight. It was all the conflicts between the other characters mainly.

Was it on about an hour early??

Missed it !

Last night's episode was a definite return to form for the show - despite seemingly forgetting one of the kids' existence - after a mostly disappointing series (both tonally and content-wise; I think they took the freedom they had with not having a studio audience too far, though I appreciate the fact they got the series done at all). When I read the synopsis I automatically thought it would've been about Geoffrey, so when it turned out to be who it was it was a pleasant surprise.

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th February 2021, 11:59 AM

Was it on about an hour early??

Missed it !

It was on at 8.05 to make way for the second part of that incredible Whodunnit "Death in Paradise".

Quote: octothorpe @ 6th February 2021, 12:34 PM

a mostly disappointing series .

Have to disagree, I think Series 11 has been one of the strongest series of NGO for a while. I've thoroughly enjoyed every episode of this series immensely. Nice touch to Bobby Ball at the end too, he will be missed in the next series.

Also, I have to point out that Sally Bretton just doesn't age at all, does she? She looks exactly the same as she did in Green Wing. Laughing out loud

I think as with most of the recent series the good episodes outweigh the bad. Not a fan of the direction they're taking Lee and Lucy from loving couple to evety single line being insults slung at each other though.

They've never really been portrayed as all lovey dovey and affectionate

Anyway theyre married now so it's more realistic that they never stop arguing! :P

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th February 2021, 12:29 PM

They've never really been portrayed as all lovey dovey and affectionate

Anyway theyre married now so it's more realistic that they never stop arguing! :P

Oh I appreciate that, it's just tiresome when it's all the time. Like the way every line of Anna's is about her abusing Toby.

Quote: octothorpe @ 6th February 2021, 12:34 PM

Last night's episode was a definite return to form for the show - despite seemingly forgetting one of the kids' existence -

There was a bit of a weird edit in the last episode of the series.

The third kid (Benji) did actually appear - sort of. At a couple of points, he is partially visible, briefly, on the edge of the screen. The child actors having to stand apart for social distancing purposes might explain why Benji is hardly seen. From what little you could see of him, he appeared to be wearing a black helmet, presumably a WW2-era German one.

This explains the odd line from Lucy's Dad after the second kid (Charlie) appeared in a Centurion costume - Geoffrey says: "I can tell he's yours", or words to that effect, to Lee. This comes just after Lee's German lineage has emerged, and Geoffrey saying it in response to a Centurion outfit made no sense. So obviously the appearance of the third child in a German outfit was cropped out, and would have fitted in just before that line from Geoffrey.

My guess is that the story was cropped by a minute or two in order to make way for the tribute to Bobby Ball after the credits.

Good detective work, Ian! I may have to watch that end few minutes back to spot Benji myself!