Coronavirus Page 70

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th January 2021, 10:52 AM

Saw a middle-aged couple in B&M during the week with the woman not wearing a mask, but had the green lanyard round her neck with card holder/badge saying she is exempt owing to whatever medical condition "'Face Mask Exempt'" , so she doesn't get involved in any slanging match.

(

That's still no proof. Anyone can download and print a badge.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th January 2021, 10:52 AM

So, lady in the shop - I'd rather be slightly out of breath sometimes, than be fighting for breath in some ICU. :(

Quote: Chappers @ 15th January 2021, 8:10 PM

That's still no proof. Anyone can download and print a badge.

Then you would be even more stupid if you exempted yourself from wearing a mask, which was the main thrust of my post.

Some people, like the woman I saw, are just plain stupid. "I'm a special case, and here's my badge to prove it", and I'll bet she's still wearing it round her neck as they cart her off to some ICU 200 miles away from where she lives - serves her right.

I'm not advocating printing a label. I'm just saying that anyone can do it so it doesn't prove that you're exempt.

Why they don't issue a mandate: "If you can't wear a mask, you must wear a face-shield", I dunno.

Face-shields don't restrict breathing at all.

I can't see the point in face shields.
As you breath in and out you take in the surrounding air, if the bug is lurking, in it goes.
If you have it, out it goes.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th January 2021, 12:41 PM

I can't see the point in face shields.
As you breath in and out you take in the surrounding air, if the bug is lurking, in it goes.
If you have it, out it goes.

They're pretty hopeless.
They stop great lumps of gob hitting you in the face - but now we know spread is as much by aerosol than anything else, they don't do much of a job.
Personally, I avoid going out as much as possible.
Too many aerosols out there.

WTF????????

400 people at a wedding in Stamford Hill!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55764673

How the hell was it allowed to happen?

In a statement, the school said its hall had been leased out.

A spokesman for the school, whose principal Rabbi Avrahom Pinter died in April after contracting coronavirus, said "we had no knowledge that the wedding was taking place".

What are they doing leasing out? They must've suspected something!

Us lot here can not believe the pictures we a re seeing from the UK.Social distancing and wearing of masks at a minimum.
People are still wearing masks here even when they don't have to. (Perhaps it's their convict heritage)

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd January 2021, 5:47 PM

WTF????????

400 people at a wedding in Stamford Hill!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55764673

How the hell was it allowed to happen?

In a statement, the school said its hall had been leased out.

A spokesman for the school, whose principal Rabbi Avrahom Pinter died in April after contracting coronavirus, said "we had no knowledge that the wedding was taking place".

What are they doing leasing out? They must've suspected something!

About 150 people apparently, not 400

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd January 2021, 8:04 PM

About 150 people apparently, not 400

Sorry. Going on the BBC website. I don't want to be accused that I read it in the Daily Mail!

Anyway 150 is still atrocious.

They said 400 Originally but I think the old bill rounded it down a few hundred

It's frustrating that some people break the isolation rules while others stick to the rules.
But the mandate is confusing....And seems to change every day.
Pick your news channel and you will hear different stats.

My entire family have had covid and we have never been in direct contact.
I have not hugged my daughter's or grandchildren for nearly a year and it would be perfectly safe if I did.

Because of my experience, I feel that lockdown makes no difference either way.
Of course people have died horrible deaths from it but the true figure of dying from it as opposed dying
with it is an extremely low percentage.I

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd January 2021, 9:30 PM

Because of my experience, I feel that lockdown makes no difference either way.
Of course people have died horrible deaths from it but the true figure of dying from it as opposed dying with it is an extremely low percentage.I

But that's actually not unusual. For example no-one actually dies from old-age, it's always something else vital that wears out or stops working.

In the case of Covid-19, it's too risky to do postmortems (they could lose a LOT of pathologists that way) , so death within X days of testing positive is as good a measure as you can actually get.

The ONS statistics go to a lot of trouble to try to isolate counts of deaths really due to Covid-19 so those are probably the most reliable figures. And is ISN'T an extremely low percentage, that's one of the conspiracy-theory myths.

Lockdown has become a way of life - so much so that I'm wondering how many women in Britain can remember the last time they wore a bra. :0

Quote: alison blunderland @ 25th January 2021, 9:48 AM

Lockdown has become a way of life - so much so that I'm wondering how many women in Britain can remember the last time they wore a bra. :0

And not just women Whistling nnocently