The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 59

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th January 2021, 6:03 PM

If you make good music you get a pass for murder?

He did die in prison.

Great producer, but a monster of a human being who sexually abused his children, murdered a young woman, and imprisoned women against their will. It's fitting that he died an imprisoned man.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th January 2021, 6:03 PM

If you make good music you get a pass for murder?

No, but if you see recent photos of him, he was almost rotting away in prison. Can't deny his classics, such as this brilliant one............

Ike wasn't involved at Spector's insistence - WHAT A FABULOUS LADY, WHAT A VOICE, WHAT LEGS **

Brings tears to my eyes every time. What a production, and so that man deserves an epitaph.

** Speaking of which - talk about sex on legs. Jesus.....................Lovey

I agree with Herc and Chappers. This has got to be a recent first although we used to. There are many parts of a human brain and in not everyone do they gel coherently. Most are tame and untalented. Some are tame and talented. A few are the opposite of tame but untalented. The rest are the opposite of tame and talented. Phil was in Category 4. I doubt he would have wanted to be the way he was and we have no real idea of knowing why. We don't just ditch Joe Meek because he may have been a murderer with an immense, wonderful talent. He was gay. I accept that. He lived in difficult times so there may be mitigating circumstances with hindsight. You could say he was hounded.

Nevertheless there is a musical parallel. Both Meek and Spector were innovative geniuses who brought masses - millions - of people joy. I do draw the line. You won't find anything by the talentless bastards who were Glitter and King on my playlists and generally I only listen to Michael Jackson up to and including Off The Wall. That's the good stuff anyway. But when it comes to the allegations of child abuse with Spector, In have just read up on this. Donte says he was locked in his room. Not great but not the worst and we are all locked in our rooms now because of Covid. The fact is that those Christmas records especially are fantastic - really fantastic - full of innocence and joy and they put smiles on millions of faces. I don't think they are sinister. They should not be banned or hated. They came from the better part of him. I hope he can now rest in peace while those he knew can also rest in peace from him.

Darlene Love - Winter Wonderland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAC3jp8Z5c4

Cloris Leachman RIP
She had quite a CV but I only her knew from:

I am Frau Blücher.

[horses whinny]

Never heard of her

An absolutely extraordinary CV.
Hard her own spin-off from the Mary Tyler Moore Show

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th January 2021, 12:40 PM

An absolutely extraordinary CV.
Hard her own spin-off from the Mary Tyler Moore Show

I know the name but I don't really know what from.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001458/

Wonder Woman maybe? Or My Little Pony.

Speaking as I was of 60s guitarists on the "What are you listening to now?", Hilton Valentine the man whose iconic riff opened The Animals "House of the Rising Sun".

One of the few records I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard that classic.

Rest In Peace

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th January 2021, 7:27 PM

RIP>

Great film, great performance. Saw the stage show and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2021, 9:19 AM

Speaking as I was of 60s guitarists on the "What are you listening to now?", Hilton Valentine the man whose iconic riff opened The Animals "House of the Rising Sun".

One of the few records I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard that classic.

Rest In Peace

Thanks for posting Herc. I love that track, i love New Orleans and i love, love, love the French Quarter.

Thanks and RIP

I unfortunately found out on a FB group that Harry Aitch Fielder passed away last night. I believe he was a member on here as well. He was an extra in tons of british shows I believe. RIP. Sad to hear

Rest in peace H
I remember him posting about the shows he was in.

RIP Harry,

He was only on here for a short time but he gave us some great stories,

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/624/

RIP