BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 47

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th January 2021, 10:23 PM

Who's handicapped themselves throwing away a chip? I was unnaturally cautious and pulled back on using the chip I'd planned because of a postponement, but for once the PL's fixture fiddling did me a favour. I still overcooked it with a needless 4 pointer but with 3 chips left approaching half way, I'm happy. :) See.

You may have all your chips but you've done both your wildcards, you daft c**t.

That's way more important than the chips.

The only chip that's easy to get points from is the Free Hit. Bench Boost is a nightmare - it basically forces you to buy players you don't want to get value - it's a complete f**king tease. Triple captain is potentially dynamite, but since it affects only one player also has the potential to blow up in your face. I got 93pts using it in 16/17 season and 9pts in 17/18.

I have spent my wildcards but they've not been blown. I've picked a team of players who get games most weeks at the mo, I've not gone for Foden, Sterling, Mahrez or Jesus who are Pep's rotation fodder. Like it or not, City are the team banging the goals in at the mo with Liverpool in a dip. You're playing down a misspent bench boost, the one I pulled back on. They can be bountiful, eg. Herc would've had a great BB this week if he'd wildcarded the week before as I did. Oops. Smarmy

I have 3 whole chips in hand, that's three. :)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th January 2021, 3:04 AM

Footnote:
Ooh it looks like I am No 1 tonight in the BCG Clique league. Wave

Take a bow, Horse. You've sucked 'em all in with your off topic wanderings. Great gamesmanship. (But still half a season to play.)

Thanks Alf.

Ame ni mo makezu, kaze ni mo makezu, yuki ni mo natsu no atsusa ni mo makenu, jobu na karada wo mochi, yoku wa naku, kesshite ikarazu, itsu mo shizuka ni waratte iru, ichi nichi ni genmai yon g? to
miso to sukoshi no yasai wo tabe, arayuru koto wo, jibun wo kanjo ni irezu ni yoku mikiki shi wakari
soshite wasurezu, nohara no matsu no hayashi no kage no, chiisa na kayabuki no koya ni ite, higashi ni byoki no kodomo areba, itte kanbyo shite yari nishi ni tsukareta haha areba itte sono ine no taba wo oi, minami ni shiniso na hito areba itte kowagaranakute mo ii to ii kita ni kenka ya sosho ga areba, tsumaranai kara yamero to ii, hideri no toki wa namida wo nagashi, samusa no natsu wa oro-oro aruki minna ni deku-no-bo to yobare, homerare mo sezu, ku ni mo sarezu so iu mono ni watashi wa naritai, nagiya grampus 8.

For the record I had nothing against Horse until he went top of the table, of course I now hate him
My comments on his posts that I don't read were just meant to be good natured jibes/gags in the spirit of the forum.

Perhaps he shares his oracle like football knowledge within his posts like a cross between a word search and the Da Vinci code
Sadly I will never know

Anyway! All hail Horse our new league leader

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th January 2021, 5:35 PM

Thanks Alf.

Ame ni mo makezu, kaze ni mo makezu, yuki ni mo natsu no atsusa ni mo makenu, jobu na karada wo mochi, yoku wa naku, kesshite ikarazu, itsu mo shizuka ni waratte iru, ichi nichi ni genmai yon g? to
miso to sukoshi no yasai wo tabe, arayuru koto wo, jibun wo kanjo ni irezu ni yoku mikiki shi wakari
soshite wasurezu, nohara no matsu no hayashi no kage no, chiisa na kayabuki no koya ni ite, higashi ni byoki no kodomo areba, itte kanbyo shite yari nishi ni tsukareta haha areba itte sono ine no taba wo oi, minami ni shiniso na hito areba itte kowagaranakute mo ii to ii kita ni kenka ya sosho ga areba, tsumaranai kara yamero to ii, hideri no toki wa namida wo nagashi, samusa no natsu wa oro-oro aruki minna ni deku-no-bo to yobare, homerare mo sezu, ku ni mo sarezu so iu mono ni watashi wa naritai, nagiya grampus 8.

It's all beginning to make sense.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th January 2021, 7:53 AM

I have spent my wildcards but they've not been blown.

You payed your second wildcard on GW18, literally one week after it became available.

That indicates two things; your team wasn't in good shape and that you have no long-term plan. You do have a good team now, although you've still got one enabler. I've got an arguably better team with no enablers and still have my WC for when it's needed, later in the season, when everybody's crocked.

I've picked a team of players who get games most weeks at the mo, I've not gone for Foden, Sterling, Mahrez or Jesus who are Pep's rotation fodder. Like it or not, City are the team banging the goals in at the mo with Liverpool in a dip.

Foden is the closest thing City has to a good striker. He is not fodder of any kind. I don't know why you mentioned Sterling, Mahrez or Jesus - I don't have any of those players. The danger with Pep is not so much rotation but positioning. You bought Gündogan, who I considered, but he plays deep. I don't consider him much of a prospect.

Of course I weighed up the rotation risk with buying a second City defender, but ironically Zouma who I also strongly considered didn't play and I was 0.1M short to do my favoured transfers of Foden, El Ghazi and Wan-Bissaka. I waited till the last minute and I gained the 0.1M on a player rise but lost it again on a Son fall.

Salah has nearly scored every week. He's the logical captain choice for this week, which is why most players captained him. You might like astro boy, but the wheezer only has three goals to his name all season and is not the best pick in my opinion. As for City 'banging in the goals at the mo', they were being outscored by Arsenal and Spurs until this week.

You're playing down a misspent bench boost, the one I pulled back on. They can be bountiful, eg. Herc would've had a great BB this week if he'd wildcarded the week before as I did. Oops. Smarmy

I don't play things down. If I f**k up I own it. I didn't 'misspend' my BB - I got 10 points. Obviously I hoped for more than 2pts from Bamford, but I didn't expect clean sheets for my Southampton players. It would have been more effective if Southhampton and Leeds had retained their second games but I've only had more than 10pts on the bench twice this season, so I consider the chip well played. It's a shit chip that I will be playing GW1 next season. Trying to accommodate it costs you more than it's worth.

I have 3 whole chips in hand, that's three. :)

But no wildcard. I've got my wildcard AND my Triple Captain chip. I win.

Quote: don rushmore @ 17th January 2021, 3:36 AM

Yes, of course.

My original team was reinstated so I deleted the "GW3 one".

Accounts take approx one month to close down completely, so I was able to make transfers on a proxy server up to GW7.

They may have overlapped for a brief period, but it's a moot point now because the second team has been deleted.

You've been changing your formations from GW14, so why didn't you delete your team then? Why did you wait another four weeks and continue to play two teams?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th January 2021, 10:35 PM

You payed your second wildcard on GW18, literally one week after it became available.

That indicates two things; your team wasn't in good shape and that you have no long-term plan.

No it indicates one thing only - I anticipated the double gameweek bench boost opportunity and playing a free hit would mean I couldn't bench boost as well, as evidenced by Herc's situation. He's on for having a high scoring bench this GW he can't use. Teary But when the PL pulled the Leeds - Saints game it made it unviable. I did consider doing what Ben did and TCing DeBruyne but a bit like you, he doesn't convince me he's up to it. So I made a happy compromise knowing I'd have 3 chips left for those later double fixtures. Unlike you. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th January 2021, 9:39 AM

I couldn't bench boost as well, as evidenced by Herc's situation. He's on for having a high scoring bench this GW he can't use. Teary

I can see where you are coming from, but I wanted (in desperation?) to put out a team that were all playing twice.

As shit luck bollocks typical for me, two on the bench have a good game, whereas Robinson had been scoring diddly squat for weeks and Justin the same for the previous three.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I have upset the FF gods somehow. But hey, f**k 'em. Just doin' it for fun now.

And the fiver you'll owe me at the end of the season.....

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th January 2021, 9:39 AM

So I made a happy compromise knowing I'd have 3 chips left for those later double fixtures. Unlike you. :)

Okay, you've got a hard-on your three unused chips, that's fine, but don't keep dragging me into it. I don't give a f**k about the chips. They're not the killer blow you seem to think they are.

Ask the other CLIQUE members if they'd rather have your three chips and no wild card or my Triple Captain and wildcard.

Glad to see that I've displaced some of the more dishonest players this week - yes, that's right, Steve Sunshine, getting more points than myself in a gameweek is a despicable approach.

By the way, is there any chance we can kick Chappers out of the league? He doesn't demonstrate the dedication the rest of us do.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th January 2021, 12:15 PM

And the fiver you'll owe me at the end of the season.....

This fiver you mean?

Aston Villa v Newcastle on Saturday has now been added to the current gameweek.

Woo hooh
Back in the game

*Hands Billy a Toffee pudding

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th January 2021, 12:50 PM

Ask the other CLIQUE members if they'd rather have your three chips and no wild card or my Triple Captain and wildcard.

I'm only a member of the lower case clique but was pleased to see so many Wild cards used when I still had mine
but Chips are a pain in the arse, not Chip from the Clique he's a good bloke

Ben had the right idea just use em all make hay while the sun shines

And leave off Kipper Godot if he wanted to spend his pension on a gold membership of the Hints and tips website then that's his business
He remembers Rationing when they didn't have Triple captain chips, the best you could get was a double captain chip and that was only if you were friends with the local Butcher