What are you listening to now? Page 1,440

I loved just looking at all those singles. Before picture covers you'd get to know Parlophone on a black label with a green cover, Columbia (another EMI label - not CBS) black with green cover and later red, Phillips a blue label with blue and white wavy lines etc etc etc...........

Quote: john tregorran @ 12th January 2021, 7:46 PM

The record sounds like a prototype for Telstar,perhaps?

Umm, maybe; but that's just typical of Joe Meek's work.

If you haven't seen it, watch out for "Telstar: The Joe Meek Story" - brilliant film.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th January 2021, 8:36 PM

I loved just looking at all those singles. Before picture covers you'd get to know Parlophone on a black label with a green cover, Columbia (another EMI label - not CBS) black with green cover and later red, Phillips a blue label with blue and white wavy lines etc etc etc...........

You're so right Dave, I can spot a label from 50 yards. Decca was one of my favourites - Blue disc in an orange/white stripe sleeve, SO 1960s

Calogero 2020,
softy)))) song.
Cinq heures et quart

Just had a Skids blitz. The Absolute Game, Strength through Joy, Days in Europa and Burning Cities.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th January 2021, 12:12 AM

We had some fabulous British guitar bands in the early/mid 60s, a genre that faded somewhat, which is a shame. Thank heavens I kept all my 45s!

I think I'll stick one up on here occasionally. :) Let other people remember or hear what they were missing.

Now here's another one that the BBC banned, because? It's "ripped off", in their eyes, from the classics. This one is from Swan Lake, so the title I always found rather amusing, and of course, the Beeb yet again unwittingly gave it publicity, although it didn't rise that far up the charts.
BUT it's always on my multi-change 1960s record player as I never tire of it. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "Saturday Night at the Duck Pond", by The Cougars. Dig it Man Cool

OR for better sound and video

It's getting very cultured in here,French and classical stuff.

Class, mate. When we had proper Rock music, not Rap Crap.

15 NEW ORDER SONGS that have shaped modern music
Blue Monday
Blue Monday 88
Blue Monday 95
Blue Monday dub
Blue Monday 88 12"
Blue Monday 88 dub
Blue Monday 88 12" dub
Blue Monday 95 edit
Blue Monday 95 12" dub edit 7" alternate dub featuring Blue Monday 88
Blue Monday 95 Hardfloor Mix
Blue Monday 95 Hardfloor Dub 12" remix limited edition Blue vinyl mix featuring Blue Monday TOTP live overdubbed rereremix
Esclusive Blue Monday Perfecto Jam n Spoon Andrea Andy Weatherall Manuela Hacienda Peter Hook's Revenge mix featuring Grim Up North baking vocals and Factory's Factory Floor Other Two meet Pet Shop Boys Johnny Mare Ultimate Ultimatum Ultimatum Rerererereremix
Blue Monday 95 Hawtwin mix
Blue Monday Hawtwin Junior Giasf**k Dry Bar extragroove Afterhours Electronic NME Mongoose Mix without backing vocals by P J Proby
Blue Monday Elements Sherlock Holmes J D Salinger Scary Spice Buddha Lederhosen Helen Lederer Kenneth Williams Turin Grail Monty Python Rik Mayall Windfall Cheddar McDonald Ultimix
How do they do it? What's their secret? I guess we'll never know.

I always like the Huey Morgan show on Saturdays on BBC6 Music. A good mix of funk, jazz, rock, punk, pop - all sorts and invariably educational. He is enlightening.

I would like to apologise for yesterday's post, in which I insinuated New Order milked Blue Monday. Let us not forget that the follow-up was Confusion, Confusion Rough Mix, Confusion Instumental, Confusion Beats, Confusion 7" edit, Confusion video edit, Confusion 87 Substance rerecording, Confusion 87 CD dub, Confusion (Alternative Mix), Confusion (Essential Mix), Confusion (Trip 1-Ambient Confusion), Confusion (Accapella), Confusion (Con-om-fus-ars-ion Mix), Confusion (Confused Ooh-Wee Dub), Confusion Larry Tee's Electroclash Mix (New & Old Vocals), Larry Tee's Electroclash Mix Edit (New Vocals), Koma & Bones Vocal Version (Old Vocals), Koma & Bones Version (New Vocals), Koma & Bones Remix (New Vocals), Koma & Bones Vocal Mix, Koma & Bones Dub, Outputs Nu-Rocktro Version (Old Vocals), Outputs Nu-Rocktro Version (New Vocals), Outputs Nu-Rocktro Version Edit (New Vocals), Arthur Baker 2002 Version (Old Vocals), Arthur Baker 2002 Version Edit (Old Vocals), Arthur Baker 2002 Version Edit (New Vocals), Arthur Baker 2002 Instrumental, Asto Dazed Mix (Old Vocals), Asto Dazed Mix Edit (Old Vocals), Acapella & Parts (Old Vocals), Acapella (Old Vocals).
How could I have been so cynical? The Beatles of electro.

The clash - Sandinista!

Too much.

The wheat amongst the chaff though....

There's a list of New Order tracks followed by, What's your top five? I wrote, Melanie C. Cameron Diaz. Kirsten Dunst. Megan Fox. Geri Halliwell... New Order are shit.

Paul McCartney, Ram. It's one of those albums that seems to get better with repeated listening. Grower and all that.