BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 43

Has anyone still got day-glo t-shirts from the 1980s? The one which change colour as the body heats up like dream drops although those were on paper? Why did we have to wait 20 years to combine them with our tye dye flared loon pants? Then of course we were first told to wear shorts that barely covered us and which would be fitter on fit dolly birds and afters as we whacked the leather with laces we had to have old grandad shorts for fashion down to our ankles. I wouldn't mind but the women's game doesn't seem to have been mucked around like this - plus it is allowed to hide in the shadow of not being in fantasy football so no one talks about it or them or who should put the kettle on. I'm sorry but discrimination is not a needed cuddle. And cuddles have disappeared up a kaleidoscopic spout chucking out steam at boiling pint.

I saw something about shorts in there
When you see old eighties footage the shorts are really small and they went all baggy in the nineties
but I haven't checked recently but imagine they are something in between
I get distracted by the football going on.

Grealish wears short shorts

They suddenly went from one extreme to the other, almost like tight little swimming trunks to almost trousers somewhere around 1990ish iirc. I remember people laughing at a young Ryan Giggs who seemed to be engulfed by these huge baggy things past his knees when they first appeared (or reappeared after being worn for decades up to the 60s).

They caused division among the players of the time, who had no choice but to wear them. Some loved the freedom they gave their legs, not feeling hemmed in by the tightness, but some like Pearce apparently lamented not being able to intimidate forwards with his huge thighs on show anymore. I think we're due a return to the skimpier version, as players want to show off their gym work now. Tinkerton wear the ultra tight 1970s shorts with their shirts tucked in. No poncey fashion statements in my team.

Pottingham Florist wear the old Stanley Matthews style and play with a medicine ball
which is worth at least 6 points a season

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th January 2021, 7:01 PM

Pottingham Florist wear the old Stanley Matthews style and play with a medicine ball

I oft wondered why your head is covered in bumps and contusions. Errr

Wha? Yes, it's me Herc. You remember. The FPL. You said, and I was saying...............Oh, such a shame. Bless him.

I'm in need of help again.

What does it mean when you go to 'pick team' and players have nothing under their name.
No next team or injury etc.
I have 5 players like that.
Do I presume that they are unlikely to be picked?

Like this

It means their team has no fixture in the next gameweek (check the fixtures below your team). But that may be compensated for in future gameweeks (gameweek 19 for instance), which you can check by using the "next" arrow above the coming week's fixtures. After all, all teams will play the same number of games over the season.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th January 2021, 12:02 PM

Oh f**k, EIGHT of my team are not playing in the next (18) Gameweek.

Please tell me others are so affected and share my gloom :(

If it's just me............dunno what I'll do. Hoping to save my Free Hit for later in the season.

As Billy says, their team is not playing for whatever reason, even more so with teams being infected with the "Covid Curse".

You have only 5!? I should be so lucky, my life already

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th January 2021, 8:49 AM

What does it mean when you go to 'pick team' and players have nothing under their name.
No next team or injury etc.
I have 5 players like that.
Do I presume that they are unlikely to be picked?

It's the first fence of their double whammy version of Beecher's Brook, Stephen which I did warn players of, to a 'so what' response from punters here. It's true, there are those who dismiss their importance like Billy & Godot and those who avidly deploy chipmanship like me and SS, but doing so can go either way for you depending on the caprices of PL managers.

Usually coming near the end of a season like BB in the GN they have been known to make or break a title challenge. So, to fiddle or not to fiddle is your choice to make here. In statistical terms we have a 6/10 gameweek followed by a 16/10 gameweek in a short turnaround, which can be a big factor if Frank Lampard is one of your PL coaches.

Thank you for your explanations.

Bloody 'ell

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th January 2021, 10:56 AM

So, to fiddle or not to fiddle is your choice to make here.

Prefer someone else to do the fiddling.

Calvert-Lewin Red Flagged! Toffee-eating scouse c**t. I've had two sets of turn-up points and a YC since I brought him in on a wildcard. F**king job-seeker.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th January 2021, 8:49 AM

Like this

It means they take it up the arse and they're ashamed of it.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th January 2021, 1:44 AM

Mine are always a bit rubbish I had teams called Inter Milager and AC Rapteam
Preston Forfend was always my favourite of mine but mostly because it wasn't that funny

But I do kind of like a pun so my contribution is
Quarrel and Vardy

The FF tradition of a punning comedy name is barely being kept alive, much like everything else in our league. I'm as much to blame as anyone since although Numero Nuno is a pun, it's not funny.

I have had my moments; Moyes Abatement Soc. wasn't bad and succinctly expressed my contempt for both Moyes and United. Any Old Arjen (Any old Iron - Arjen Robben) showed my affection for Bayern Munich, bald wingers and Cockney dancing.

Over the years Steve has kept the flame going, which is only to be expected as he has serious punning chops but the rest of you obviously aren't really trying.

'Coach Anton' is especially shit, and Bunter should draw maximum opprobrium for "I say you fellows' which appears to be someone else's catchphrase from the last century.

As I say, I'm as much to blame as anyone, so I've already had a quiet word with myself. I suggest others do the same and come up with some better names. You can change your team name at any time without affecting anything.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 11th January 2021, 7:06 PM

Calvert-Lewin Red Flagged! Toffee-eating scouse c**t. I've had two sets of turn-up points and a YC since I brought him in on a wildcard. F**king job-seeker.

It means they take it up the arse and they're ashamed of it.

How very dare you.