Quote: lofthouse @ 7th January 2021, 10:26 PM

Kevin Eldon will see you now

Bonkers

Did he see you?

David Bowie would have been 74

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th January 2021, 10:26 PM

Kevin Eldon will see you now

Bonkers

I said, My mother's mad. - Bonkers? - Give her a minute.

Ramones - commando

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th January 2021, 9:49 PM

Ramones - commando

They do their best, they do what they can...........

I saw a big sign, 'New Order - Sold Out!' I thought, Yes, in 1993.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th January 2021, 10:09 PM

They do their best, they do what they can...........

Be nice to mommy!

My God, this takes me back to much, much happier times. One of the best guitar instrumentals of the early 60s. Fab bass!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th January 2021, 3:59 PM

My God, this takes me back to much, much happier times. One of the best guitar instrumentals of the early 60s. Fab bass!

A bit before my time - yes, just a bit - as I'd never heard of them although looking them up i see they had a few interesting players in their ranks at various times.

Yes,I always thought they were American :)

...and watching DVD of Bowie at Glastonbury 2000. "Let's dance."

Quote: john tregorran @ 10th January 2021, 6:32 PM

Yes,I always thought they were American :)

We had some fabulous British guitar bands in the early/mid 60s, a genre that faded somewhat, which is a shame. Thank heavens I kept all my 45s!

I think I'll stick one up on here occasionally. :) Let other people remember or hear what they were missing.

A CD I'd bought a couple of years ago but not really listened to much. (There are many in my collection I've never actually played. That's what comes from being a hoarder.) By the Producers. The Producers were Trevor Horn and Lol Creme who of course I know of, plus Ash Soan and Stephen Lipson (Who?).

Anyway a pleasant listen.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th January 2021, 12:12 AM

We had some fabulous British guitar bands in the early/mid 60s, a genre that faded somewhat, which is a shame. Thank heavens I kept all my 45s!

I think I'll stick one up on here occasionally. :) Let other people remember or hear what they were missing.

Another, of my occasional plugs............................from the grossly underrated and fabulous Joe Meek.

The lights a low or completely off, your dolly-bird snuggles up to you, and you are in there my son - especially at the end of the track, when this frightened little bird grabs hold of you, as her mini skirt slips up her virginal thighs and you have a cert super feel, and now you know what it means by Entry of the Gladiators. OR glad he ate her.

Bloody hell, I'll have to have a cold shower now.

I could do without the adolescent imagery thankyou.Your thighs were the virginal I suspect.

The record sounds like a prototype for Telstar,perhaps?