I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,251

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th January 2021, 1:42 PM

Strong stuff.
Inciting the mob? Show me that!
There definitely was election fraud....not enough to change the result but you blinkered lot are wrong.
Because you don't like someone is not an excuse to have them cancelled
It says more about you than them.

I'm sorry. Are you sticking up for him?

He was clearly inciting them. Didn't you see any news reports?

I saw edited versions, I also saw full versions.
And no, I am not sticking up for him, I don't like him either but I defend his right to free speech.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th January 2021, 2:49 PM

I saw edited versions, I also saw full versions.
And no, I am not sticking up for him, I don't like him either but I defend his right to free speech.

You defend his right to act like a spoiled child and whip the weak minded up into a state of frenzy to cause anarchy?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th January 2021, 2:49 PM

I defend his right to free speech.

He is free to speak.
If you stand up in pub and start ranting about something and the manager shouts "I've told you before, sit down and shut up, you noisy f**ker!" - that's not denying you free speech.
It'd be a case of "Say what you like but don't say it in here - you're barred - and sort your hair out, you muppet"
End of analogy.

Some democracy... I could understand him crying foul if he was the candidate trying to get elected, but if the incumbent can't preside over an election whereby he could try to rig it in his OWN favour, obviously he's inept at being corrupt. Who'd a thought?

23,000,000+ fraudulent votes cast for Biden

0 fraudulent votes cast for Trump

It's apt that Larry Curly and Moe all chime in as one.
If only I could find a group name for them....

The companies that have banned Trump are major commercial ventures of the type that any republican should support. They made a 'Commercial Decision'.
Trump is the President of the United State, he can call press conferences at anytime so why this is supposed to be at freedom of speech issue I do not know.?
If I was in Goodison and I was shouting what Trumps writing, then I would expect to be ejected it how things work for EVERYONE.
In the last week alone Trump has attempted to coerce a state governor into committing election fraud and he has incited a mob that went on to killed a policeman and given the equipment some of his mob were carrying the Senators themselves could have been taken hostage. At what point to people say ENOUGH?
In 1923 Hitler tried putsch in a beer keller, he was treated leniently and ten years later Germany was in the hands of the Nazi party.
Mark Zukerberg is Jewish so he will well be aware of what the Nazis did just using radios with valves so you can hardly blame him for ensuring that he is not letting neo nazi hate speech across all his platforms .As for the rest I think the reality of exactly who Trump has been riling and what they are capable of become apparent and it knocked them f**king sick.

Quote: paulted @ 9th January 2021, 3:52 PM

....if the incumbent can't preside over an election whereby he could try to rig it in his OWN favour, obviously he's inept at being corrupt. Who'd a thought?

You're onto something there. Also Companies have no choice but to protect their brand, what company wants to be linkedin to a failed coup ?

Most organisations have a clause allowing them to sack staff that brings them into disrepute, sack Trump.

Imagine in 4 years time when Labour lose another GE and Starmer claims it's all a fix and all his supporters should storm the Houses of Parliament

Wouldn't happen in a billion years

It's like two different worlds

Seems like they still think its the yankees and confederates over there!

It's virtually 50 different countries perhaps it's too big to be ruled by one government.

Yep

One of the reasons the Soviet Union ended

If there's one thing Trumps done that positive its to encourage his mob to spruce it up a little bit. I say that because every 'Patriot' that I've seen being arrested so far has had a shave and a haircut. They may not change their views but they do seem keen to change their appearance for some reason?

Trump's rioters could face ten year sentences because of Trump's Monuments Act targeting BLM. Karma Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th January 2021, 5:13 PM

It's apt that Larry Curly and Moe all chime in as one.
If only I could find a group name for them....

How about "The blokes who really wind you up because you can never come up with a coherent answer to any of their points"?
Not particularly snappy, I grant you, but rather fitting, nonetheless.
And why do you keep changing your avatar - are you on the run, or something?