Current radio comedy Page 145

It really never occurs to me to look out (listen out?) for comedy on the radio.

I know 6.30 on Radio 4 is a good slot and the only thing I've recently gone out of my to listen to was Paul Sinha and it was very funny. However I'm usually doing other things at the time.

I haven't listen live to comedy on the radio for some time. I tend to use a perk of my job which gives me access to the BBC archive.

There is always BBC Sounds which I think still needs some work but you can browse the Comedy category, Most recent programmes are available and there's often a random selection from the archive.

Best resource for finding programmes to listen to is this site and you can then see if its available on Sounds.

Sarah Keyworth's new series has been pretty good so far.

Listened to Two Episodes Of Mash.

Don't remember if I've listened to the pilot before, but I noticed that a few of the sketches from it were reused later in the series. The bee sketch and the Tarot card sketch were in s01e03, and the inuit sketch was in s02e04.

'Dot' is quite good fun

4 extra

Do podcasts count as radio? And is anyone in the mood for something slightly lesser-known but waiting to be discovered? If so, I'd love to give a quick plug for my brand new comedy sketch podcast - Potty Porter's Porta-Potty!

Written, performed and produced entirely by one man (me - Seb Porter, hello) it features ludicrous sketches, ridiculous characters and tenuous ad jingles - I'm having an absolute blast creating it and want to share it with as many listeners as possible - it can be hard making yourself known in this fiercely competitive industry!

It would mean the world to me if you lovely people took a chance on fresh new comedy writing and checked it out. The first 4 episodes are currently out on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Acast - might I recommend Episode 2 as your appetiser?

Links are on my profile but I'll pop them here too:
Spotify: https://spoti.fi/39e2m8N Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/31jS6re Acast: https://bit.ly/3rg2rPC

Many thanks and stay chuckling,
Seb :)

Quote: jsg @ 8th January 2021, 6:36 AM

Listened to Two Episodes Of Mash.

Don't remember if I've listened to the pilot before, but I noticed that a few of the sketches from it were reused later in the series. The bee sketch and the Tarot card sketch were in s01e03, and the inuit sketch was in s02e04.

The Korean War series?

I'm not trying to be clever but what else is it?

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2021, 6:10 PM

The Korean War series?

I'm not trying to be clever but what else is it?

Diane Morgan and Joe Wilkinson's sketch show Two Episodes Of Mash.

Small Scenes is back on 4 extra

Really good sketch show

great, ahahahh

I've been listening to Mickey Flanagan on Radio 4 Extra and he's funnier than I thought.

The Complaints Department

SHITE

I like The Nether Regions a lot and I also quite like the one with Alice in it.

Also, The Cuckoo Hour.

Does anyone know where The Nether Regions are based.

I can't locate them clearly in my mind.

Are they on another planet?

I think she's really attractive but why can't I hack listening to Elie Taylor?