BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 41

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st January 2021, 1:25 PM

I am happy to leave all the bitching and sniping to the experts on this thread

When it comes to snide remarks and shit stirring you're a PhD candidate. Own your own passive aggression please.

Ok will do
However I think when you look at the pointless arguments on here I'm seldom involved.

I'm quite happy just to chat about team selections and that sort of thing,

for example I like the Referee Man U have picked for their team this week,

That'll teach me, tinkering twat. Cresswell in all week then five minutes to go I bench him because of Arsenal's sudden form. Bellerin played and got 0 because Arteta pulled him off before 60. 11 points down the drain but that's Fantasy Football.

The gaps at the top are closing and this has to be one of the tightest races yet. Godot's making a charge into a crowded field behind Bunter but we're approaching beecher's brook which has been moved to halfway. Could be tricky. Errr

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st January 2021, 9:35 PM

Ok will do
However I think when you look at the pointless arguments on here I'm seldom involved.

This the classic bystander/melt position. Not taking sides is still taking sides - you are endorsing the dominant narrative.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st January 2021, 9:35 PM

I'm quite happy just to chat about team selections and that sort of thing,

for example I like the Referee Man U have picked for their team this week,

Laughing out loud

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd January 2021, 9:33 AM

Godot's making a charge into a crowded field behind bunter but we're approaching beecher's brook which has been moved. Could be tricky. Errr

Good horse racing analogy, although in the Grand National the jockeys ride the horses rather than carry them on their backs like in our league. Depending which version of the table you're using I'm now first or sixth. Anton's the only player I fear, because he's better at FF than me.

So, yeah, right, it is all friends with exceptions but tell me this. Why is it that surnames based on colour are only White, Brown, Black and Green? Is it a racist skin tonality thing combined with the Morris Peoples' fetish for green geezers and, of course, no one other than proper albinos is actually white. Or not? Barry Blue, Fake name. There has never been anyone called Mr Blue, even when dancing along with child fiddler Jimmy Savile on a Saturday Night. There is no Mr or Mrs or even Ms Yellow, Orange or Purple. So can anyone try to tell me exactly what is going on there? Because if it is some colonial pagan thing these names are going to have to be turned over like any other old posh beaver killing lord paraded in a statue Bristol way. Red? Yeah, I know, it features but it annexes andt hardly contributes to the debate. Nathan Redmond. As useful in a hot bath as a chocolate flannel. Ditto Eddie Redmayne. Don't respond from yer escritoires. It will wear out your socks and send you off into the ether. No one wants to see it. You going off into space.

Oh f**k, EIGHT of my team are not playing in the next (18) Gameweek.

Please tell me others are so affected and share my gloom :(

If it's just me............dunno what I'll do. Hoping to save my Free Hit for later in the season.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th January 2021, 12:02 PM

Oh f**k, EIGHT of my team are not playing in the next (18) Gameweek.

Please tell me others are so affected and share my gloom :(

If it's just me............dunno what I'll do. Hoping to save my Free Hit for later in the season.

Currently got seven - possibly eight - playing with one transfer in hand.

I've already used my free hit chip but I wouldn't use it next week with all the abandoned games stacking up.

Same with the double GW the week after - years ago I got the highest score on here on a DGW with only one DGW player. People lose their minds and feel they have to stock up with players and bench boost etc.... What you need to do is field a few players who score well - doesn't matter if they have two games or one. Plus realise that many players will only play one of the games anyway.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 4th January 2021, 11:23 PM

Currently got seven - possibly eight - playing with one transfer in hand.

I've already used my free hit chip but I wouldn't use it next week with all the abandoned games stacking up.

Same with the double GW the week after - years ago I got the highest score on here on a DGW with only one DGW player. People lose their minds and feel they have to stock up with players and bench boost etc.... What you need to do is field a few players who score well - doesn't matter if they have two games or one. Plus realise that many players will only play one of the games anyway.

Thank you for the tip Godot = it's much appreciated.

Just had a quick glance at the situation and can see a reasonable way round it as I have two transfers in hand and so, will save my Free Hit. :)

Sorry Stephen, i stepped on you to get up to third in the H2H. Feel a bit guilty as i have the next to worst points total - go figure?

Quote: playfull @ 5th January 2021, 12:52 PM

Sorry Stephen, i stepped on you to get up to third in the H2H. Feel a bit guilty as i have the next to worst points total - go figure?

All's fair in love and war, besides, the Yorkie Bar Kid needs taking down a peg or two.

You've got me next in that debacle of fixtures......heh heh heh :P How much bung do you want to throw the match?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th January 2021, 3:05 PM

All's fair in love and war, besides, the Yorkie Bar Kid needs taking down a peg or two.

You've got me next in that debacle of fixtures......heh heh heh :P How much bung do you want to throw the match?

How about a pkt of woodbines and a dog eared copy of H&E - an old air brushed issue - the ones that left you completely baffled about the female anatomy...

Quote: playfull @ 5th January 2021, 3:50 PM

How about a pkt of woodbines and a dog eared copy of H&E - an old air brushed issue - the ones that left you completely baffled about the female anatomy...

I've only got a 5 pack of Woodbines with two left and a couple of dimps (I've got over that cold sore I had) and this magazine, which has a few pages with stains on.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th January 2021, 12:52 AM

I've only got a 5 pack of Woodbines with two left and a couple of dimps (I've got over that cold sore I had) and this magazine, which has a few pages with stains on.

Apparently sperm tastes different depending on whether you have been chomping bitter cucumber or profiteroles. Anecdotal on the net. Personally, I wouldn't know. But I do think a woman is at her best in terms of any edible aspect if she is lacking in decorum. At least when she is oblivious, you can pretend to yourself that she is nether salt nor sour and certainly not metallic but of the airy mountains. So, yeah, the one standing up to reality is stunningly attractive and the other two have probably got an aroma which they have issues with and are only making it worse. Incidentally, when is it you joined the Young Liberals? 1967?

There has been a sort of competition for the best team names in the FPL this year.
Here are the top 10 (er 9, I must have only copy and pasted 9, now I can't find the site again))

9. Ayew Being Served?
8. The Wizard of Ozil
7. Flying Without Ings
6. Benteke Fried Chicken
5. Show Me Da Mane
4. Game of Throw-ins
3. Ctrl Alt De Laet
2. Who Ate All Depays?
1. Lallanas in Pyjamas