What are you watching on TV? Page 2,203

Is that true? Jesus Christ...
I just share the opinions I hear because I'm the only person on earth who not only listens to other people but allows them to interest me, as opposed to saying F**k off before they even start. God knows! I'm the last person on earth who'd defend a sex offender. I was simply presenting a new opinion, which I wanted to take on board. As opposed to the usual aporoach, which is All men are c**ts and All women are perfect.

Mel C sells Lemsips at a ridiculous markup to supplement a shed for wood working. Not my words the words of Top Gear magazine.

Are you listening MM/

Was watching a repeat of the "Before they were famous" and it showed Mel C trying to sing, years ago - believe me, she couldn't. Was flat and tone deaf.

I can't comment on ancient history but Melanie C can certainly sing now. Check her out on YouTube. Yummy. And yeah, I'm biassed.
Anyway, Happy New Year.

Marx brothers - horse feathers

Looking for summat different last night, and thought "I know! Hogmanay - tune into BBC Scotland" Get the real flavour.

Oh dear, the only interesting thing was the piper freezing is balls off on Edinburgh castle ramparts at midnight playing 'The Battle's o'er'

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st January 2021, 2:45 PM

Marx brothers - horse feathers

God, I hate that film. It was Duck Soup that got me into them, and the night after, that forced, misogynistic, formulaic bullshit that turned me off. Total shit.

I like it :)

The Marx Brothers are more up and down than my mother. Das Kapital didn't make me laugh once.

Not even in the German???

The Germans are famous for their sense of humour.

Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?... That was my Arnold Jackson impression. Good, isn't it?

"Winter Walks" on BBC4 - sheer delight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qd6w/broadcasts/upcoming

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th January 2021, 1:06 AM

"Winter Walks" on BBC4 - sheer delight.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qd6w/broadcasts/upcoming

Oh shut your moosh.

Stick this in your pipe and enjoy it.

I have been a rover I have walked alone
Hiked a hundred highways never found a home
Still in all I'm happy the reason is you see
Once in a while along the way love's been good to me

There was a girl in Denver before the summer storm
Oh, her eyes were tender, oh, her arms were warm
And she could smile away that thunder, kiss away the rain
Even though she's gone away you won't hear me complain

I have been a rover I have walked alone

There was a girl in Portland before the winter chill
We used to go out courtin' along October Hill
And she could laugh away the dark clouds, cry away the snow
It seems like only yesterday as down the road I go

I've been a rover I have walked alone

24 Hours in Police Custody

Real cases where you follow the detectives from the beginning of an investigation.

A bloke comes into the station with a recording on his phone of his girlfriend trying to hire someone to kill her first husband.

She then claims it was drunken joking with someone she met on the internet.
The case is very thin now as she didn't actually finalise any arrangements.

After inquiries and interviews, it turns out she has tried it a lot of times with different men hired or procured to kill him.
One set fire to her ex-husbands car outside his house nearly burning the house down.

It was a fascinating human study of - at first, a silly but innocent'ish woman progressing to a truly evil person.