BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 40

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st December 2020, 12:27 PM

Not so. We sent out more than one PM to you the same time as the others went out, well before the start date. We also asked people to join on this thread. We couldn't have done more to get you in at start along with everyone else.

Well answer the man.

Come ere and call me a turnip head ginge.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st December 2020, 2:49 PM

Well answer the man.

Happy to, if someone can find me an interpreter.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st December 2020, 3:27 PM

Come ere and call me a turnip head ginge.

"I'm not ginger, as I told you about a week ago.

Oliver Stone has made a movie about my return to the 'Clique' - here's a very pertinent clip;

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 31st December 2020, 4:27 PM

Happy to, if someone can find me an interpreter.

Pathetic excuse - What's there to interpret. Just admit it - you were caught with your trousers down. OR............

Go on, answer the man :-

Not so. We sent out more than one PM to you the same time as the others went out, well before the start date. We also asked people to join on this thread. We couldn't have done more to get you in at start along with everyone else.

We sent out more than one PM to you the same time as the others went out, well before the start date.

The first PM you sent me was on the 9th of September. The season kicked off 3 days later. That's not "well before the start date", is it?

Quote: don rushmore @ 1st January 2021, 2:43 AM

The first PM you sent me was on the 9th of September. The season kicked off 3 days later. That's not "well before the start date", is it?

Well answer the man
(Because this time it's actually a question)

I wasn't having a dig at Godot either I was trying to say we didn't want him to miss week 1, why would we? We wanted all the old crew back in, even though some hadn't posted on the BCG for a year or more. I sent the PMs out together on the 9th believing this was the 2nd round of PMs after Herc had sent them on the 5/6th with some response from last season's players who we could see hadn't yet selected a team after I'd re-entered everyone in August.

It turns out I assumed wrongly that Herc had included Don & Godot in that send out and I was just having another go at it with those who hadn't rejoined or replied to their PMs. (I sent over 25 PMs out that day with very limited success.) In the circumstances of the greatly shortened turnaround from the extended previous season and politely waiting for Dan to restart what was still the main clique league, I thought a week's notice was sufficient. It was certainly the best we could do without wanting to upset Dan who set the original clique league up ten years back. It turned out Dan couldn't have been more amenable about it and came over to the CLIQUE and H2H without a grumble, like the gentleman he is.

Quote: don rushmore @ 1st January 2021, 2:43 AM

It was enough time for you to join for GW1. I'll add that the deadline for joining this league wasn't that crucial for players who'd already selected a team for the new season on the FPL, because as we said on here at the time, JOINING ANY MINI LEAGUE AFTER GW1 WILL CARRY YOUR POINTS OVER, as evidenced by SS coming in on week 57 or whatever it was. He didn't start on zero.

With absolutely no reply on PM or here from Godot, we had no idea if he was still alive, or had just had enough of us lot and was still playing in other private leagues, so it was no more than a wild punt that he'd actually turn up! Especially after last season's invite went unanswered too. I'm glad he did, as he's an astute games(manship) player, which was missing from the league, unfortunately though, he'd stopped playing altogether which meant he didn't have a team in the FPL before the week 1 cut off. :( (even though he had notice from us in time for it)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st January 2021, 10:31 AM

I assumed wrongly that Herc had included Don & Godot in that send out :(

I thought it'd come back to me. :( I was rather up to my eyes in it at the time and could not find a post of theirs to make a PM. Is there another way of contacting members? Did Aaron say once he was working on it. Or did I dream that.

Whatever, I plead insanity.

That's the same problem I had, the PM name search didn't work, I presume because they hadn't posted for so long. ? I eventually got their names up by trawling through old posts and clicking on their profile pages to add their names in the send to box but it was a right fiddle, I remember that.

I bet you are glad you made the effort Alf...Can we all just stop bickering and have a bit of fun? After my self inflicted points loss i made my target a top half finish and qualifying for the cup, so far so good. But if it stops being fun then seriously, what is the point?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st January 2021, 6:38 AM

He was telling Godot that. He wasn't having a dig at you - perhaps Alf can come in and clear that up,

That's right, start the year off with a bit of pedantry, and close ranks around the old boy's network clique. Pathetic.

Well it was meant to be humour
But I am happy to leave all the bitching and sniping to the experts on this thread

Wrong thread I know...But we'll done Steve Sunshine on getting your name in the credits on the BBC Scotland program.
I also saw Dan sweryt was there and recognised another avitar from here.
Nice one.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st January 2021, 1:25 PM

Well it was meant to be humour
But I am happy to leave all the bitching and sniping to the experts on this thread

Sorry Steve, I completely missed the point of your missive, and withdraw all that I said. (deleting same) Playfull is right - this should be fun.

My New Year's doo-dah is not to be so knee jerk and take it all on the chin..............even when Godot (bless his cotton socks) is the miscreant. Hug

Oooh, I've come all over Woodstocky..................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st January 2021, 1:10 AM

Pathetic excuse - What's there to interpret. Just admit it - you were caught with your trousers down. OR............

Go on, answer the man :-

How many times do I have to repeat the same thing? You lot are f**king mental - and I'm not joking.

I came back because I saw Kipper's post about my wildcard mistake. That was on the day after the season started. I was persuaded by the warmth of everyone following my response to have a go at the league this year. That's it.

If you decide not to play FF you're not going to come here and check your PMs are you?

Peace and Love GT, peace and love....................... :*.............(F**k knows how long I'll be able to keep this up)