Cannon and Ball Page 3

I think The Boys in Blue is a shocker though.Lots of top people in it too.
Perhaps it's because I'm comparing it with Will Hay.

I saw them at the 'then famous Batley Variety Club on a works do.
They were not top billing or had ever been heard of.
Tommy Cannon came on stage alone as a singer and Bobby started barracking and heckling him from the audience.

Their catchphrase 'Rock on Tommy' stuck as everyone at work next day was saying it.

I saw them in panto last year, it was a masterclass in comedy patter and controlling the audience. I'd reccomend their live DVD to see them at full flight.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st December 2020, 9:42 AM

I saw them in panto last year, it was a masterclass in comedy patter and controlling the audience. I'd reccomend their live DVD to see them at full flight.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th June 2015, 1:05 PM

I've got a couple of these - £7 post paid for the complete series. Bargain.

See Amazon product listing

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st December 2020, 8:02 AM

Tommy Cannon came on stage alone as a singer and Bobby started barracking and heckling him from the audience.

Their catchphrase 'Rock on Tommy' stuck as everyone at work next day was saying it.

They showed that last night. The funny thing was the audience really thought Bobby was spoiling Tommy's act.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st December 2020, 10:09 AM

Whistling nnocently

To sell?

Quote: Chappers @ 31st December 2020, 11:48 AM

To sell?

Nope, besides, it's even more of a bargain now on Amazon for £4.99.........Well worth it!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cannon-Ball-Show-Complete-First/dp/B003WQ101W/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1IMYT4GH5VBTV&dchild=1&keywords=cannon+and+ball+dvd&qid=1609426739&sprefix=cannon+and+%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-2

The tribute mentioned Cannon and Ball had a sitcom - has this ever been released?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st December 2020, 7:51 PM

The tribute mentioned Cannon and Ball had a sitcom - has this ever been released?

Plaza Patrol.

I don't think so, no. Mark Lewisohn rated it as the 3rd worst British sitcom of all time, so that may explain why.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st December 2020, 8:02 AM

:D

Cannon And Ball are my favourite 80s comedy duo.

Quote: jsg @ 31st December 2020, 7:59 PM
Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 31st December 2020, 7:51 PM

Plaza Patrol.

I don't think so, no. Mark Lewisohn rated it as the 3rd worst British sitcom of all time, so that may explain why.

Plenty of them on YouTube.....................

Big fan, BUT (and fortunately it only cost me £2 in Network's sale) Series 7 is not good. The 1985 Christmas Special that was tacked onto the DVD, was dire! And the 6 x 1986 shows left a lot to be desired, and for me, the problem is they moved away from stand-up interspersed with short snappy sketches, to having them in a posh London apartment, and let's see what happens - well not a lot.

Very disappointed, but was determined to watch them to the bitter end, just so I could get my two quid's worth! 😁

Free Cannon and Ball DVD anyone?