BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 39

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th December 2020, 3:40 PM

In Gameweek 3 I'd had my team how I wanted it, and then the door bell rang. I answered it, BUT when I came back to conclude my team selection, I forgot to click the "Save Your Team" button, didn't notice, owing to Doorbellgate, and my "old" team played, earning me a mere 36 points.

Can I claim compensation?

If anyone has made a genuine mistake and lost points because of it, let me know and I'll add those points to your score at the end of the season.

:D

Merry Christmas Don
And Merry Christmas to everyone else in the thread

And also tune into the Breaking the News end of year TV special on Iplayer with two hilarious* jokes by me in the intro

Alf! is there a prize for blatant plug of the season?

*When I say Hilarious I may mean functional

What a relief after all these years to have a posting from Don.

Not that I have anything against the fey concept but I truly believed that I was the only normal red blooded geezer left on here.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know Angelic his ethnicity as I feel this is required for editorial balance and (B) just how many years he has been sitting in his pants smoking dope and watching TV while drawing so-called social security benefits?

Incidentally, you may fool yourselves that Marcus Rashford's Mum is her own person but I have now officially merged into her. So prepare yerselves to be proactively engaged beyond yer eyeliners by the truly inspirational, any tendencies towards, shall we say, a verbose duality notwithstanding.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th December 2020, 8:52 PM

Merry Christmas Don

And a very happy 2021 to you, mate.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th December 2020, 6:35 PM

In fact, even if you die mid season, it's highly unlikely to even generate a post on here, so I'd say keep your own council from now on.

Laughing out loud

(In the voice of Neil from The Young ones when they received their terrible exam results)
'I came top out of us'

Quote: playfull @ 27th December 2020, 3:38 PM

Is everyone ready for the cup? After climbing back from my self inflicted points debacle i might just sneak in...

Well, it wasn't the best week to choose in which to score points, with Everton, Man City and Tottenham all not playing, but it looks as if I just managed to qualify with 38 points.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th December 2020, 7:41 PM

If I'd have wanted to play a game full of chaos where blind luck reigns I would have joined the H2H league

From memory, you were too late to join this year, and after all, it's just a bit of fun.

Can't say I'm happy to see people cheating by fielding teams not containing players caught up in postponed fixtures. The FA really need to get involved here. I trust that those of us with players who have received a - in the last two weeks will be receiving some form of monetary compensation. Failing that, I will be more than happy to see Graham Kelly spanked by Godot outside St George's Park.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st December 2020, 7:46 AM

(In the voice of Neil from The Young ones when they received their terrible exam results)
'I came top out of us'

I looked at that wildcard selection Stephen and said 'Oh no he's picked a worse team than he had' :D with 3 players from the cancelled match in. But that meant your bench would play (again!) and it got you 14pts from two players. And you couldn't have picked a better captain from what you had. What a wildcard. I don't know if you like to live dangerously with wild leftfield choices or it's a carefully formulated back up strategy in uncertain times. :S

Quote: Ben @ 31st December 2020, 10:22 AM

Can't say I'm happy to see people cheating by fielding teams not containing players caught up in postponed fixtures. The FA really need to get involved here. .

I still don't know how Steve did it. He changed his team before the news broke. Have long suspected he's got a mole in the PL or a newspaper. Angry

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 30th December 2020, 1:01 PM

Yeah? So have I. I took the time, across three long posts, to work out how Playfull managed to screw up his wildcard (by playing it two minutes before the previous game week had ended). Where's my cookie?

That's very true, you went to the bother of working out how it happened for him. A shame the FPL didn't return the points but I suppose they'd have to do the same for everyone if they did it for one. It's not unique to this league, I've read online of other wildcard f**k ups. It's clearly a problem with their clunky transfers page, I have to look very carefully when I tinker to make sure I haven't pressed the free hit button because that's always the first thing I see when making a transfer. They should have SEPARATE PAGES for free hit, wildcard and straight transfers imo to avoid these ridiculous non returnable points losses.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 30th December 2020, 1:22 PM

What's being advocated is that we zero the scores from GW2 to accommodate a late entrant (me) who was persuaded to join by people on the forum after the deadline.

Not so. We sent out more than one PM to you the same time as the others went out, well before the start date. We also asked people to join on this thread. We couldn't have done more to get you in at start along with everyone else.

So who fancies a nice long cup run? As a Forest fan i fully expect to be out in the first two weeks...

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th December 2020, 7:41 PM

It's nice to have you back Godot, you can be both funny and informative although not necessarily in that order

Looks like you meant to say 'at the same time', rather than 'in that order', if you were trying to suggest my recent posts were tedious.

That's me being informative.

If you did mean to say they were tedious, I'd be inclined to agree, although I'm not sure I can do much about that as you can only play the room you're in. Judging by the names and avatars most of the turnips on here would only find me funny if I split my pants or started talking about 'darkies'.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 31st December 2020, 1:16 PM

Judging by the names and avatars most of the turnips on here would only find me funny if I split my pants or started talking about 'darkies'.

Now that's funny. Michael Monkhouse (or whatever he calls himself) could do with learning from that.

Terrible game week.

Leeds scoring 5 with the involvement of 7 players - f**king chaos. Reminiscent of City at their best. Unlucky to not capitalise on captaining Salah. Only got one non-playing player in my team and still got no points off the bench which is very harsh.

Not really had the benefit of my wildcard yet. Looks like I'll be taking out Taylor for a defender I've already ditched. :S

Quote: Ben @ 31st December 2020, 10:22 AM

Failing that, I will be more than happy to see Graham Kelly spanked by Godot outside St George's Park.

Already happened. Got 60,000 views on Youtube.