Comedies that never seemed to have been repeated Page 2

Quote: paulted @ 30th December 2020, 4:16 PM

Dave Allen-Great comedian, great man, comic timing, and when he swore used it like a grenade. Modern comics could learn a lot.

My dad was a big fan and I remember watching his shows with Dave sat on a stool. A great story teller and a similar format to Jasper Carrott. His son Ed Allen co-wrote 'Orrible and appears in it as a bouncer who has his legs blown off by a grenade and then has false legs fitted that make him look like he's on stilts Laughing out loud

Kelly Monteith has posted a series of shows on YouTube where he revisits his BBC shows. I was pleased how well some of the sketches held up as I always enjoyed them as a youngster. He also talks about the making of them which I found interesting.

Cheers Six, will look out for that, thanks

Quote: Sixty3closure @ 30th December 2020, 10:28 PM

Kelly Monteith has posted a series of shows on YouTube where he revisits his BBC shows. I was pleased how well some of the sketches held up as I always enjoyed them as a youngster. He also talks about the making of them which I found interesting.

Brilliant, he was one of the first observational comedians I can remember watching.

'Kelly Monteith's BBC Memories' if you're taking a look. 10 Episodes.

Quote: john tregorran @ 30th December 2020, 1:05 AM

Uncle Mort in I didn't know you cared.That doesn't get repeated either.

I 'eard that - pardon.

My Dad loved it and introduced me to it at the time.

Quote: Sixty3closure @ 30th December 2020, 10:28 PM

Apart from things like Dick Van Dyke in the 1960s he was probably one of the first Americans to get a show on BBC.