Frankie Boyle Page 28

Rood Eye seems to have cancelled himself.
Frankie Boyle is no less fearless of causing offence than he ever was.
But he was never a bigot. Anyone hoping he was the new Bernard.Manning has realised their mistake. Thank God!!

I see Frankie 'definitely not a leftie' Boyle has recently smooched with Owen Jones and has a lot to say about his nemesis Ricky Gervais for his "transphobia".

His interview on Louis Theroux's podcast was pretty interesting, I'd recommend listening to it.

Gervais fanboys, by the looks of things, are very easily offended.

Quote: jsg @ 28th December 2020, 7:58 PM

His interview on Louis Theroux's podcast was pretty interesting, I'd recommend listening to it.

Gervais fanboys, by the looks of things, are very easily offended.

As is Boyle himself.

Wokeism does offend me, yes.

Is that the same Frankle Boyle who had no qualms joking about disabled children now taking the moral high ground?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 29th December 2020, 1:35 PM

Is that the same Frankle Boyle who had no qualms joking about disabled children now taking the moral high ground?

Not his finest hour. All humans are hypocrites, there would be no morality if we went black and white on it all. Isn't that what the likes of ISIS are trying to do ? Isn't that how Trump excused all his behaviour "He said a bad thing first." It's all shades of grey and relative. Frankie is relatively very funny, he has such a great turn of phrase. He's very flat when he presents from behind a desk though.

Didn't Dave Chappelle get into similar hot water for trans jokes? Then we get into the age old censorship debate and can you make a joke about anything.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 29th December 2020, 1:58 PM

Didn't Dave Chappelle get into similar hot water for trans jokes? Then we get into the age old censorship debate and can you make a joke about anything.

He did, but with enough ambiguity to create debate. I believe he thought he did it with respect and to shock (he's quiet liberal otherwise) but some disagreed. Who knows ?

I think the thing that turned me off Frankie Boyle was when he took the piss out of Paula Radcliffe for the way she looked, this is blatant bullying and on the BBC too so they were de facto supporting such bullying on the licence fee payers dime too. OK so if Paula had said or done something a bit wrong ala Katie Hopkins then yes, fire away, but insulting someone due to the way they look is hardly high brow comedy and the BBC should never have allowed it to be shown.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 29th December 2020, 1:35 PM

Also joking about child r@pe too with Madeline McCann 'jokes'.

I'm sure he has had a word with himself and decided to tone it down a bit - to keep working on TV.
But don't go calling out others Frankie about transvestite jokes when you have made quite a few yourself.

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 29th December 2020, 8:05 PM

I think the thing that turned me off Frankie Boyle was when he took the piss out of Paula Radcliffe for the way she looked, this is blatant bullying and on the BBC too so they were de facto supporting such bullying on the licence fee payers dime too. OK so if Paula had said or done something a bit wrong ala Katie Hopkins then yes, fire away, but insulting someone due to the way they look is hardly high brow comedy and the BBC should never have allowed it to be shown.'.

Do you mean Rebecca 'what's her face' the swimmer who he said looked like she was looking into the back of a spoon?

If so, I just thought that funny (cruel as well, but funny). Most humor has a 'butt of the joke'. I don't see that you have to have been wronged by someone to take the piss.

Seems like the least offensive comments Frankie has made. His stand up gigs are ruthless but that's his routine and what people pay to see. What I find surprising are they are not 18 certificate because I've got some DVDs where he zones in on a family of mum, dad and two teenage lads on the front row. That was never going to end well.