Ghost Stories

Managed to watch this a few days ago, written by Jeremy Dyson and featuring Paul Whitehouse and Martin Freeman, nice to see comedy actors in a different guise. Did remind me a bit of the old Amicus type films from the 70's with several separate but interlinked stories, I actually think the Paul Whitehouse story was the creepiest and best, the middle one with the lad in the broken down car, yes I can imagine that being spooky in deserted wood but probably the weakest of the three. Martin Freemans bit did have the most 70's vibe to it, not in fashion or anything but I think it could've easily have been from Tales From the Crypt and played by Ian Oglivy or someone of that age. I did get a few elements of 1408 in the film too, which again is an excellent film. Definitely worth watching, very little gore or sex which is in itself a novelty for modern horror.

Also just watched Martin's Close written by Mark Gatiss based on an original story by MR James, Peter Capaldi as a 17th century lawyer, very good, and again you have a Roald Dahl character in it who gives it a slight 70's feel, 1970's, not 1670's that is. Again, if you missed it, worth watching.