Banana Splits

It doesn't have its own thread and one of their songs suddenly came to me for the "Let's play a game" thread.

I used to love the cartoons when I was a kid.

Also according to Wikipedia ...

The Banana Splits' bubblegum pop rock and roll was provided by studio professionals, including Al Kooper ("You're the Lovin' End"), Barry White ("Doin' the Banana Split"), and Gene Pitney ("Two Ton Tessie") and Jimmy Radcliffe provided his songs ("I'm Gonna Find a Cave", "Soul", "Don't Go Away Go-Go Girl", "Adam Had 'Em" and "The Show Must Go On") but did not contribute vocals to Splits recordings. The music director was music publisher Aaron Schroeder who picked the songs created by his staff writers. The intended main theme song was to be the Ritchie Adams and Tony Powers song "We're The Banana Splits" but the television and advertising executives thought the "Tra La La Song", another Adams composition co-written with prolific songwriter and producer Mark Barkan, was a catchier theme.

What was the name of the British version of them, they seemed more Glam Rock orientated as that was the thing of the time, mid to late 70's and I think punk would've been too much for little kids. I think they had a tiger that reminded me of Ziggy Stardust a bit, was he called Rory?

I think in Britain they were called the Banana Splits.

Animal Kwackers. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be, seems a bit odd.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ed-ARQhR9Bg

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 24th December 2020, 8:07 PM

Animal Kwackers. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be, seems a bit odd.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ed-ARQhR9Bg

Never heard of it or seen it before.

I love it how Wikipedia said the characters were actors in costume, no seriously, that shattered an illusion that they weren't real animals. No, it wasn't that good, just four blokes dressed up as animals miming to music with a 70's Glam Rock vibe to it, mind you I am judging it as a 50 year old man, I'm sure my eight year old former self would disagree. Think it was on ITV or ATV as it was called here, may have been a lunch or tea time show like Clopper Castle or Pipkins.