Pamela Stephenson, funny or just odd?

I have to admit growing up in the 80s she was my all time dream girl and watching old sketches of her on NTNON she was quite amusing and very easy on the eye, however, I have seen her on quite a few shows on her own and she's just 'odd'. Watching her on When Comedy Shows Go Wrong and she's at some stuffy WI do wearing a Yoda hat and is as funny as a mild dose of gonorrhoea, she was also on GMTV or something like that and just acted like a twat. I did read that Rowan Atkinson never really rated her that highly and just saw her as eye candy with little talent.

Wiki says she is a psychologist and has a private practice in Beverly Hills.

Say no more, squire.

Whatever happened to Paul Hogan? Used to watch him on Channel 4 over here and of course Crocodile Dundee but then he just disappeared...

She was a good mimic and the first none American female taken on by SNL. Here's her first appearance 36 seconds in:

Quote: Firkin @ 22nd December 2020, 9:16 PM

She was a good mimic and the first none American female taken on by SNL. Here's her first appearance 36 seconds in:

George Carlin - Wow, haven't seen him for years. Very funny man.

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 22nd December 2020, 6:39 PM

she was also on GMTV or something like that and just acted like a twat.

I don't think I've ever thought of Pamela as a twat. Never knew she's married to Billy Connolly though.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd December 2020, 12:26 AM

Never knew she's married to Billy Connolly though.

:O

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 22nd December 2020, 6:39 PM

...she was also on GMTV or something like that and just acted like a twat. I did read that Rowan Atkinson never really rated her that highly and just saw her as eye candy with little talent.

She did do some car crash interviews, like the one where she climbed on top of another guest. She was trying to shock and it didn't always work. But that aside she was a very talented comedic actress as demonstrated by the impersonations she did on Not The Nine O'Clock News.

I'd love to know why Rowan Atkinson felt that way about her, he was the star but other cast members and crew spoke highly of her. I wonder if there was more to it? Anyone got a reference?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd December 2020, 12:26 AM

I don't think I've ever thought of Pamela as a twat. Never knew she's married to Billy Connolly though.

You what??????????????????

Maybe 'twat' was a bit harsh but it was a bit cringey the one on GMTV. I just felt like she was trying too hard to be funny but daft funny. Absolutely loved her in NTNON though. Same kind of thing with Rod Hull always found him annoying.

Just Googled it, Mel Smith wasn't too keen on her himself apparently.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1335215/Mel-Smith-thinks-ex-star-Mrs-Billy-Connolly-charmless.html