The Goes Wrong Show Page 3

Much as I enjoyed the original stage productions of the various plays that started this concept when I saw them in the West End, I can't help feeling that these half hour shows are all too rushed. There's too much happening too quickly. There's only so much slapstick that one can take in thirty minutes.

In the opposite way as half hour sitcoms rarely transferring well to a 90 minute film because the plot has to be stretched out too much, this does not transfer well to a half hour TV comedy because the plot has to be condensed too much.

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd December 2020, 11:23 PM

I'm not entirely sure. I don't think so, but with the way things are working with(out) audiences these days, I'm not certain. We're unaware of any kind of public events having taken place though, virtual or otherwise.

Henry Lewis said on Twitter they're shooting early in the new year.

Series 2 starts Monday 27th September at 20:30 on BBC1.

Best news of the year, no series made me laugh more, especially A Trial To Watch.

So pleased this is back. The whole series is on iPlayer, I've watched the first two and laughed so much, episode 2 in particular is already one of my favourite things they've ever done.

A new one on me so I've grabbed series 2 from iPlayer. Just watched episode 01 Summer Once again with tears running down my face. Monty Python meets Victoria Wood.

I have now watched all the episodes and it is just as funny as the first series. The final two parter is a brilliant showcase for each individual member of Mischief, their take on 70s farce had me doubled over laughing!

Binge watching is a complete anathema to me. Surely the anticipation of the next one, having just watched one makes it much more satisfying, as you savour each one in turn.
Now you have nowt to look forward to, whereas I am champing at the bit...............maybe - I seem to remember the last one I watched was only so-so.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th September 2021, 3:06 PM

Binge watching is a complete anathema to me. Surely the anticipation of the next one, having just watched one makes it much more satisfying, as you savour each one in turn.
Now you have nowt to look forward to, whereas I am champing at the bit...............maybe - I seem to remember the last one I watched was only so-so.

True, but I'm still going to watch them go out weekly. Plus, the way Twitter is these days, people are already posting spoilers and clips so I'd rather watch them all completely fresh than get a gag spoiled.

Well again, Twitter is a complete anathema to me too. :D

Last night's is one of my favourite things Mischief have ever done. Everybody deserves plaudits but particularly Dave Hearn and Henry Shields, how they didn't break down in laughter I don't know. Bryony Corrigan is one of the best comic reactors in the business.

Agreed! It was one of the best episodes yet. Very, very funny.

Agreed. This is a show for ages. I had all the gags spoiled for me on twitter because I couldn't watch it at the time because my Dad took me out in the van to help him do a roofing job in Selby. But when I was watching the ladder I would catch up with all the jokes on the timeline laughingly. Then later after the job I watched it all on catchup and laughed twice as hard!

Just watched Mondays one, resisting the urge to watch the rest. Proper laugh-out-loud stuff!