What are you watching on TV? Page 2,202

BBC Sports Personality of the Year. Vote Hollie!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th December 2020, 8:19 PM

BBC Sports Personality of the Year. Vote Hollie!

He ain't heavy!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th December 2020, 8:19 PM

BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Sleepy

Keeping up appearances

It's the one where Richard finally snaps

He drags Hyacinth out Into the garden by her hair and viciously assaults her on the front lawn

Emmett has to run out of his house and tries desperately to pull Richard off her while he is stamping on her head repeatedly

It's a hoot!

When Classic Comedy Shows Go Wrong

Please Sir on Forces TV

Jesus Christ Superstar on Sky Arts. A brilliant piece of theatre with some great songs. I'd never really known John Legend before but playing Jesus he has an incredible voice.

Also featuring Alice Cooper as Herod.

"Trains, Planes & Automobiles"
Probably the perfect comedy film.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd December 2020, 10:19 PM

"Trains, Planes & Automobiles"
Probably the perfect comedy film.

:D By "tradition", my son watches this film every Christmas eve - has done for at least 20 years.

I always thought Harry Potter was shit, but I saw the last film yesterday. Now I know it's shit. Specky f**ker on a f**king broomstick, he can f**k off.

Seinfeld

The guy who played Lieutenant Gruber In allo allo just popped up!

(He isn't in a liddle tank)

About a million episodes of Spooks stored on the Sky Box, got to watch Lovecraft Country, Minority Report, SWAT and Manifest to watch now that Supernatural's finished.

Currently watching the news. Apparently there's a virus going round. I'm starting to take it seriously.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd December 2020, 11:12 PM

Nothing wrong with a good healthy leer.

I had a very interesting discussion about this kind of viewing.
When I was growing up (physically) I was a ''''''''bit'''''''' of a feminist and totally against the Benny Hill image of women. I even wrote an article for the school mag describing him as 'a dirty old man getting paid to degrade women and live out his sexual fantasies'. Right on, eh Rik? What a great day when it was banned.
Much laterI was talking to a girl I knew and she said, F**k that. Benny was actually gay so for him, it wasn't about sexual degradation. There was no malice involved: it was the equivalent of a nude man doing a streak today - sticking two fingers up at the British prudes, à la saucy postcard. If anything, the men in Benny Hill are the idiots: Grown-ups who turn into slobbering fools at the sight of an attractive female, or an old man who spends an entire episode getting slapped (Why weren't we up in arms over ageism? 'Why should old people be portrayed as ridiculous, you fascist? RESPECT'). These are beautiful women, so should they be walking round in binbags?... She told me she was pissed off when the feminists banned it cos there were far more important issues to face. And what gives one group the right to dictate? It's Animal Farm innit - new dictatorships being worse than the previous one... Oh yeah, and thanks for taking one of the week's most enjoyable telly moments off me, you miserabe sods.
So there you go, just one opinion. And I'm not totally convinced myself, but it certainly made me think about my own attitudes.
PS I still think Benny Hill is shit, but that's beside the point.

Having watched Dinner for One I confess that I'm watching and really enjoying an Andre Rieu concert.

He really puts on a show. The music primarily is always uplifting, they all really look like they're enjoying themselves and (Warning - Sexist remark coming) the women all look so beautiful including string quartet Bond.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 31st December 2020, 10:09 AM

Currently watching the news. Apparently there's a virus going round. I'm starting to take it seriously.

I had a very interesting discussion about this kind of viewing.
When I was growing up (physically) I was a ''''''''bit'''''''' of a feminist and totally against the Benny Hill image of women. I even wrote an article for the school mag describing him as 'a dirty old man getting paid to degrade women and live out his sexual fantasies'. Right on, eh Rik? What a great day when it was banned.
Much laterI was talking to a girl I knew and she said, F**k that. Benny was actually gay so for him, it wasn't about sexual degradation. There was no malice involved: it was the equivalent of a nude man doing a streak today - sticking two fingers up at the British prudes, à la saucy postcard. If anything, the men in Benny Hill are the idiots: Grown-ups who turn into slobbering fools at the sight of an attractive female, or an old man who spends an entire episode getting slapped (Why weren't we up in arms over ageism? 'Why should old people be portrayed as ridiculous, you fascist? RESPECT'). These are beautiful women, so should they be walking round in binbags?... She told me she was pissed off when the feminists banned it cos there were far more important issues to face. And what gives one group the right to dictate? It's Animal Farm innit - new dictatorships being worse than the previous one... Oh yeah, and thanks for taking one of the week's most enjoyable telly moments off me, you miserabe sods.
So there you go, just one opinion. And I'm not totally convinced myself, but it certainly made me think about my own attitudes.
PS I still think Benny Hill is shit, but that's beside the point.

Gay? Bollocks

Punk star Hazel O'Connor claims Benny Hill forced himself on her at his London flat.

The musician, now 62, says she is still haunted by the incident, which happened in 1976, before she found fame in the film Breaking Glass.

She told the Sunday Mirror that the comedian told her she could only work as one of his famous 'angels' if she succumbed to his advances. He was 47 at the time, she 21.

O'Connor said: 'He kept showing me pictures of these sexy women who worked with him and saying how they "looked after him".

'Eventually, he said to me 'Well, I need to know... will you look after me too?'.

'I was disgusted and was getting ready to leave when he tried to snog me. I pushed him away and got out of there.'