Only Connect Page 56

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th November 2020, 12:12 AM

Now that, I might be able to use and saved for working on later. Thanks you Horse. :)

What I'm really tiring of is the stupid, unfunny parting jokes about Michael Portillo. The first one last year sometime wasn't that good, but now they're just f**king tiresome, AND she has such a smug look on her face, like she's just cracked the funniest joke ever, whereas they're..............Sleepy

Give it a rest Victoria and tell the person who is writing them to do the same.

You are very welcome.

Personally, I like MP though I would really want to room share with Simon Reeve as he and I are very similar in our outlook and when I have a bloke in a single bed alongside me who I feel safe with I stop thinking about death. That's sort of what I want really. A safe bloke in my room telling me that death doesn't exist and with absolutely no sexual connotations as that isn't something I like. I'm not saying that MP would be different from that and I like his natty garb and all. And yeah I like his railway documentaries but I need someone who just chats away the silence with a load of normal rubbish talk and gets on his boots in the morning, knowing he is going for a proper walk just as I do myself. He can do his spunk thing normally and privately in the toilet. Simon Reeve would do his spunk thing in the toilet as I believe he is happily married. Basically, not that it needs to be clarified, but I like an immortal God in me room but I don't like spunk.

Incidentally, as an unmarried man of 57, I will tell you how gay I am and good luck to our diverse community. 12 months ago. With a mate. Heterosexual. He wants to go on this ludicrous long walk and while of a similar age to me his health was worse. I've got the most god almighty cold and yet I still do it for him and I am bloody gasping in winter air so I end up with hiccups. And we finish in Hastings where it turns out that the single beds I asked for were a double bed and he says "what the f**k?" Then we go out on the piss as if we were 30 years younger. All the night, I'm hiccupping like I am dying.

Then we get in to the bed. He's a big bloke with a hairy chest. And he's fast asleep. Oh nice. I'm hiccupping and hiccupping and I feel lousy and then I notice I have just got a quarter of the bed and he is stark bollock naked. And honestly a lot of married people would have freaked out. I was as cool as a cucumber but it was bloody uncomfortable and I was worried that I would hiccup myself to death. So then I had to wake him up - we've known each other for 30 years - and say call a taxi. I'm going the 60 miles home but I am not sure I will survive. But to be honest I just think that people have too many issues about their sexuality - almost paranoid - and it is living that matters. I sort of cared for his humanity. That is my outlook.

By the way Horse we're all going to die one day, some sooner than others.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2020, 9:48 AM

................. some sooner than others.

Don't I know it. :(

My son has the details to inform the BCG......................................Angelic

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2020, 9:48 AM

By the way Horse we're all going to die one day, some sooner than others.

I have just self-diagnosed (genuinely) as autistic according to the criteria in the DSM manual.

All of a sudden, things make sense, and it gives me a fighting chance.

I'm doin' a lot of touching - walls, tables, doors, windows, screens, trees - and throwing my widened arms around loads of inanimate objects and kissing them. This is all entirely new to me. All the huge love I ever had for others was always in my head. And while it seems slightly weird, it feels like progress of a kind.

Also, I'm listening to a lot of waves and rain tapes as well as looking at pictures of cute sheep and cows as long as none of them have ill health. I'm giving myself time and space in private to see where it goes.

Mostly I feel that for decades I have been misunderstood through no fault of my own. :)

Up
Hallelujah
L'Oiseau

Answer

Dong

Yes - that's right. They are all the last word in the titles of Eurovision Song Contest winners going backwards in alternate years from 1981 to 1975.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th November 2020, 4:43 PM

Up
Hallelujah
L'Oiseau

Answer

Dong

Yes - that's right. They are all the last word in the titles of Eurovision Song Contest winners going backwards in alternate years from 1981 to 1975.

:S

Still, it can't be any worse than some of those lately.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th November 2020, 11:19 PM

:S

Still, it can't be any worse than some of those lately.

Eh?

It's L'enfant you fool. :)

The oiseau came first.

Staying off-topic, that recent Children In Need edition of University Challenge featuring BBC vs ITV was unwatchable to the end. A celebration of braying stupidity. And kids in Glasgow should eat healthier food.

Some questionable questions in my eyes, considering what I've had rejected in the past, BUT what stunned me, and VCM for that matter, was a bunch of them didn't know who Ken Dodd was!! Good Grief. :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th December 2020, 5:57 AM

Some questionable questions in my eyes, considering what I've had rejected in the past, BUT what stunned me, and VCM for that matter, was a bunch of them didn't know who Ken Dodd was!! Good Grief. :S

I wondered if they were playing dumb on that. Seems inconceivable you could be aged in your 20s in the UK and get onto Only Connect and not know who Dodd is. Then again. a recent Pointless episode had a round on British sitcom writer duos, and it seems hardly anyone knows their Chesney & Wolfe from their Clement & La Frenais. Even Galton & Simpson scored low in the survey.

Quote: Kenneth @ 17th December 2020, 2:34 AM

I wondered if they were playing dumb on that.

Given VCM's reaction too, I don't think so. The "young adults" don't know what they're missing.

Personable though she is, cute even, I can never get beyond her substantial aptitudes, so to speak, and the fact that she likes a poker while she smokes cigars. After that - and I have never been formally diagnosed as sub normal - my mind tends to go blank. I mean frankly it would be better if they had a few normal blokes on the programme so that it just felt more comfortable by being non sexual. They don't even have to be more manly than me although I do think my chest wig could outdo any of them, brains supposedly though they have. It is probably true of all the couples I ever fantasize about having copulation it is 'er most and Sir David Mitchell. Cos my mind boggles and I'm only alive today because of my persistent frantic boggling.

You won't see many Music Sequences as they are very hard to think of, but finally, I've had one accepted for the next series. :D

So, if anyone has an idea for a Music Sequence they are most welcome to lay it on me here. :) Thank you.

Classic mistake in this week's show just gone, which I have highlighted to the editor

31 Dec. 1999 is NOT the last day in the Millennium, it is 31 Dec. 2000.

Think about it logically. There was NO year 0. The progression was 1BC then 1AD, so the first day of the new century was 1st January 1. Hence the first day of the 21st century is 1st January 2001.

IF you are talking of change of date from prefix 19 to 20, then it is correct, but that was not how the answer was put over.

Victoria said there is one day left to the millennium, which is wrong.

It didn't help when the powers that be declared a celebration of the new Millennium, when they got the whole country partying on the 31st December 1999 - WRONG!