I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,238

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th December 2020, 7:58 PM

...it better to be inside the tent pissing out than the other way round.

Agreed. It's all a case of degree, the Brexit argument did become very black and white. Merkel has more moral substance than Boris, Cummings and Farage put together. Done a better job on covid too.

Breaking away from the herd makes us a target. Losing easy access to the largest single market in the world isn't worth making political corruption an all UK affair. Scotland will break away now they have a much bigger incentive and shouting "project fear" hasn't got us those "50 easy to get trade agreements." Yet again England loses on penalties.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th December 2020, 7:04 PM

Well that was brand new news.
Who are these racists you mention?
All of them brexit voters - so every racist voted brexit.
Sweeping somewhat.
Is there a plague of them?
Or is it a handy insult to hand out to make you feel superior?

After the country voted to leave - I know a lot of people who's sole reason for voting that way was 'so no more brown people can keep coming into the U.K. taking all the jobs or sitting on their arses earning benefits' (that's the cleaned up version)

Heard that a lot

Had to check my watch on numerous occasion to check it wasn't actually 1977

That's all you lot cling to.
Make something up then it's the truth.
It's an added bonus that you are all so sour that you lost a democratic vote.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th December 2020, 9:04 PM

It's an added bonus that you are all so sour that you lost a democratic vote.

I didn't make any of that up sadly

There are a lot of racist cretins in this country still

And I didn't lose any vote - as I didn't vote at all

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th December 2020, 9:04 PM

Why is what you say the truth and what others say "made up"?

But it's not true. You seem to believe half the country is racist - the bad half, those that voted to look after our own affairs.

Until the referendum and general election I didn't even know I was right wing, I didn't even think about it.
Then I saw the losing side never stop whining and berating the winners.
The winners were idiots voting blindly while the losers had the 'moral high ground'
Being patriotic and loving your country is now a hate crime.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th December 2020, 7:59 AM

But it's not true. You seem to believe half the country is racist

Literally, no one on here has claimed that.

Yep, what was a virtuous and good respectful outlook for Brits to have just 30 years ago, if that, has somehow been turned into a vile hate crime symbolising a new 4th reich or something. :S The hysteria of left wing media mongers has caused this rabid distortion of the truth. We wanted our own freedom to make our own rules again, and we want the right to be proud of our own country, what's so heinous in that?

Until the referendum and general election I didn't even know I was right wing, I didn't even think about it.
Then I saw the losing side never stop whining and berating the winners..

As opposed to the graciousness and good manners with which you and other Trump supporters accepted Joe Biden's victory, I suppose?

I've got to say a lot of loonies in the labour party are also responsible for whipping up this risible cartoon version of normal patriotic Brits. And it resulted in millions of them voting for the Tories for the first time in their lives. Well done Thornberry, Abbott and co. Wave Bye, we're off.

Being patriotic and loving your country is now a hate crime.

Nobody who was genuinely patriotic would have voted for Brexit.

Amongst other things, the Brexit vote introduced the world to the idea of the 'sore winner.'
The winning side seem far more angry, bitter and unhappy than those who lost.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th December 2020, 9:12 AM

Nobody who was genuinely patriotic would have voted for Brexit.

Eh? Sorry it could be just me, but I'll need that one explained to me, slowly.

There is nothing patriotic about embarking on a course which is clearly going to damage our economy and do our people harm.

But it's not true. You seem to believe half the country is racist - the bad half, those that voted to look after our own affairs.

FFS
Half the country ARE NOT racist.
I have NEVER said that.
And I've said it several times now, but it doesn't seem to suit you aggrieved stance.
And I assume it is a stance, for comedic effect.
You're either purposely misunderstanding me or you're losing the plot.
Or your trolling.

It was you who mentioned racists with your clever little ditty?? all racist voted for Brexit etc
And I'm not aggrieved in the least - my voting wishes were carried out.
But if you can add a slur to patriotic brits then you won't miss the chance.

Losing the plot, trolling, nice..... any more? Oh, didn't I read gammon somewhere too.

Of course there are racists, in this country there are some of everything but it's a bold leap to say they all voted leave and presumably none voted remain.