Stella Street

Hi guys. I'm new on here.
Been reading it for a while, but I just noticed something amazing on play.com and thought I'd tell you all about it: Stella Street series 1 is finally getting a DVD release (YES!).
What an absolutely brilliant little programme that was. Hilarious.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

Hi Oliver, I've moved your post over to the DVDs forum. You may be interested in our monthly DVD newsletter (click the Newsletter link at the VERY top of every page) - in our last edition, which was sent out last week, I did have an entry for Stella Street, but not everyone reads it and I should really have posted on the board as well (woops)! Anyway, thanks for posting and pointing it out to people. :)

The Keith Lemon Sketch Show must have reminded many of this little gem. BBC should re-run on BBC Three at a slot that isn't silly o'clock. I remember usually managing to miss most of it whenever it was on at the time, but it was always so short anyway.

. . . and I remember Phil Cornwell from Steve Wright in the Afternoon days because I am older than God . . . :D Huh?

Welcome Ollie. :)

Welcome to the BCG.

Being rerun on London Live Thursdays 9.45. I didn't catch all of them first time around so having the rare chance to see them now is fantastic, as short as they are. Miles funnier than anything new on telly, with the late John Sessions at his best. And the 20 year gap is giving new life to some characters who haven't been around since then, like Jimmy Hill, who seems funnier than ever. Laughing out loud

Wasn't she Perry Mason's secretary?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th December 2020, 9:33 AM

Being rerun on London Live Thursdays 9.45. I didn't catch all of them first time around so having the rare chance to see them now is fantastic, as short as they are. Miles funnier than anything new on telly, with the late John Sessions at his best. And the 20 year gap is giving new life to some characters who haven't been around since then, like Jimmy Hill, who seems funnier than ever. Laughing out loud

Used to love Phil's David Bowie :D

You mean his "Daaaayyviidd Bowwwwwiaayyyy"

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th December 2020, 9:33 AM

Looked for this as it said it was available on VM channel 159, but it's not - even went through every number on my digi-box last night but its nowhere to be seen. Then found this on another forum this morning............................

"Channel 159 is a new local channel especially for Virgin Media TV customers in the Brighton area only." WTF! and WHY?

I see it's on BBC4 on Sunday at 9.30pm.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th December 2020, 6:04 AM

Looked for this as it said it was available on VM channel 159, but it's not - even went through every number on my digi-box last night but its nowhere to be seen. Then found this on another forum this morning............................

"Channel 159 is a new local channel especially for Virgin Media TV customers in the Brighton area only." WTF! and WHY?

Because we're more cutting edge, Herc.

Quote: The Green Man @ 14th December 2020, 11:31 AM

I see it's on BBC4 on Sunday at 9.30pm.

:O Is it?! Oh Wow. I'll check that out. Thanks for that! :D

Quote: beaky @ 14th December 2020, 12:26 PM

Because we're more cutting edge, Herc.

Yeah, and have since checked the Freeview Channel 8, only to find it's available in the London area only. :(

Southern bastards. Angry