Dangerous fake email scams Page 30

I have had a spate of fake invoices. The wording of the emails are good, obviously copied from real instances of such invoices, but I can immediately tell as I get mulltiple copies sent to my slight variations of email address and those particular email addresses are never used for purchases.

NB those of you with GMAIL addresses can add extra bits to your email address (*) for each organization that you deal with and can then easily see whether a query is not being sent to the 'right' address.

(*) I think its after a PLUS SIGN before the @ sign, but check on google rules.

see: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Jewson+Hornsey/@51.5857067,-0.1145659,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48761be9287c5779:0x3e44a8c2a3365c4f!8m2!3d51.5857067!4d-0.1123772

https://www.google.com/search?q=gmail+address+format

I've been asked to contact this fella urgently.
He's waiting at the airport to deliver my package but has somehow lost my address.

( Diplomaticagentben7@aol.com)

Zen Mr Bond, who iz vorking unter zer namen Stefan Gutladdensplitz vill be int mein trappen.......... (strokes pussy)

It seems I've been selected for some sort of windfall from Google ... (NOTE THE EMAIL ADDRESS)

"Eileen Naughton
Mon 15/07/2019 17:31
You have been selected as a winner for using Google services as a Beneficiary of GBP 950,000.00 as confirmed by our co-sponsors MasterCard & Visa Contact the payment team with your claim information as required below:
CLAIMS DETAILS REQUIRED:
1) Full Names:
2) Address:
3) Phone Number:
4) Private Email:
5) Age:
6) Occupation:
7) Sex:
Send All response via email to:goggbfiles@gmail.com
Congratulations!
Eileen Naughton
Managing director of the
UK & Ireland president
of people operations worldwide
On Behalf of Sundar Pichai.CEO
Copyright mark 2019 Google-Terms & Privacy"

AYE, RIGHT.

I've just had an email from Apple whose email address, rather surprisingly, appears to be c7jbv7thbvu@pindahsinipindahsono.com

Apparently my Apple ID has been locked and will remain locked until I verify my identity.

However, I'm pretty sure the email's arrived in my inbox by mistake as my own email address is not customer.354666@email.icloud.com and that is who the email was sent to.

Phew! My Apple ID can't be locked after all.

Wait a minute! I don't have an Apple ID! Huh?

I've just had an email from Charles Juntikka, LLP.

Apparently, I've inherited $10.6 million!

To be fair, there is a Charles Juntikka, LLP, who appears to be a genuine lawyer in New York City.

Strangely, however, the email address of the one who's written to me ends in .nz (New Zealand).

If it's the same person, all I can say is "What a commute!"

In any event, I'm going to ignore it.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd October 2019, 5:12 PM

I've just had an email from Charles Juntikka, LLP.

Apparently, I've inherited $10.6 million!

To be fair, there is a Charles Juntikka, LLP, who appears to be a genuine lawyer in New York City.

Strangely, however, the email address of the one who's written to me ends in .nz (New Zealand).

If it's the same person, all I can say is "What a commute!"

In any event, I'm going to ignore it.

Don't do that. $10.6 million is $10.6 million. You may never get that sort of chance again.

Theres a "Your TV Licence renewal has not gone through" one going around.
Either that or I haven't renewed my TV licence.
I jest.
No, really. It's a thing.

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd March 2020, 2:46 PM

Theres a "Your TV Licence renewal has not gone through" one going around.
Either that or I haven't renewed my TV licence.
I jest.
No, really. It's a thing.

We've had that quite often over recent years. Since Mr .B has been entitked to a free licence for some years, it was obviously a scam

A friend just copied one of those to me for my opinion.

Hover over the link given and you will see that it does not go to BBC licencing or BBC or gov, website. It is clearly a scam.

Does he do this simple check for himself, does he heck!

I'd just been warned on facebook that it was a scam and then found an email in my in-box supposedly from TV Licencing saying that my payment had not gone through for my direct debit.

Beware of this. Don't pay them.

Tue 23/06/2020 20:15
I am Mrs.Sherry Ann Palmer, Hearing impaired from Hanoi in Vietnam. I was married to late Engr.Hoang Palmer, who worked with China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec) in China for Twenty-Six years before he died in the year 2015 after a brief illness.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$18 with China
bank. Following my ill health(Cancer of the Lungs),doctors told me that I may not live longer than required due to my health condition. I am looking forward to seeing someone who can use this money in charitable works. More details will be made known to you upon your response.

May God Bless You.
Mrs.Sherry Ann Palmer

Any ideas how i could spend the $18? It would need to be charitable - but also something that reflects well on me. A legacy project project or foundation in my name? With great wealth comes great responsibility.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 13th October 2019, 1:37 PM

appears to be c7jbv7thbvu@pindahsinipindahsono.com

Pindah sini, pindah sono is Indonesian for "move here, move there". While c7jbv7thbvu is a semi-retired gardener who doesn't even have an email account.

New one on me, which I got on Sunday, and apparently DPD are well aware of.

Email supposedly from DPD to say they had made two attempts to deliver a parcel (really?) and that I will need to pay £3.99 delivery charge for further attempts if I want my parcel (which sadly for them doesn't exist as I have nothing outstanding now)

So F Off "DPD", whoever you are.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th December 2020, 10:22 AM

Email supposedly from DPD to say they had made two attempts to deliver a parcel (really?) and that I will need to pay £3.99 delivery charge for further attempts if I want my parcel (which sadly for them doesn't exist as I have nothing outstanding now)

It may have been an unexpected but well deserved Christmas present from one of your BCG Forum chums.

Or maybe an unexpected but well deserved explosive device from one of your BCG Forum chums...