The Albion Basement presents...1000 Sketches in 1000 Days Page 2

I think how people will listen will also effect the experience. One a day, vs a binge listen. Once a day, the casting might be interesting. While once every 5 minutes will seem like repetitive. ( I'm one of the group)

Quote: zepp @ 12th December 2020, 6:42 PM

I think how people will listen will also effect the experience. One a day, vs a binge listen. Once a day, the casting might be interesting. While once every 5 minutes will seem like repetitive. ( I'm one of the group)

If i try and commit to listening everyday i know i will end up missing ones, then giving up. It is easier for me to listen to a bunch in the bath.

I think most people will listen (if at all) either in tranches, or to sporadic episodes. I imagine the number of people listening every day like clockwork will be very low. But that's fine, it's not as if there's a narrative.

Good point, Zepp - now, when are you coming back into the Skit Comp?

Personally I listen to podcasts when commuting, so I might listen daily. But take the point.
As for skit comp. When I don't have kids?

Liking these Gappy. I like the bit of banter around them too. It's an ambitious undertaking but fair play to you all for committing to this.

Quote: Otterfox @ 8th January 2021, 12:51 AM

Liking these Gappy. I like the bit of banter around them too. It's an ambitious undertaking but fair play to you all for committing to this.

Thanks for listening, Otterfox. I think this is roughly the point we get a bit better at focused chat and mic control, and it becomes easier to listen to.

I shall encourage Simon to talk about hurling or something as a special reward for your patronage :)

Yes! I'm from Tipperary and we call it 'the home of hurling'. It's a mighty fine Irish brogue he's got there. I've listened to the first few and I'm liking them. I'll definitely be coming back to them.

Ah, he's spoken about Tipp before.

My in-laws are into hurling, but I don't know much about it. I know shite all about most British sports too, incidentally :)

Quote: Otterfox @ 10th January 2021, 6:20 PM

Yes! I'm from Tipperary and we call it 'the home of hurling'. It's a mighty fine Irish brogue he's got there. I've listened to the first few and I'm liking them. I'll definitely be coming back to them.

Hi

Thanks for the listen. (I am the Irish one in the group.) I am also from Tipperary. :)

Two bulletins.

1) We made it to 50 days! Yay, only 95% to go!

2) Otterfox, we recorded a special bit just for you. It will be uploaded...I dunno, at some point.

Our lords and masters at BCG have put up an article about our little podcast,

Admittedly, it's about how hard it is to make it good, rather than how good it manages to be, but, still, we love it.

Give us a spin, if you have 5 mins free on a few days to hear dumb jokes, corpsing, insults and (occasionally) decent sketches.

https://anchor.fm/1000-sketches

Sorry, forgot the link! https://www.comedy.co.uk/pro/inside_track/releasing-1000-sketches-in-1000-days/

Very cool! I made sure to bookmark the page.

Quote: Elsm Show @ 15th February 2021, 1:39 PM

Very cool! I made sure to bookmark the page.

Sorry, only just spotted this: a belated ta very much :)

Been following on Bacefook.