Horror and comedy

So, I was just thinking are there any shows or films that cross over the two genres of horror and comedy, The League of Gentlemen immediately springs to mind so does Inside Number 9 and Psychoville. Gareth Marenghi, that show that Steve Coogan did that crossed over into Amicus territory, oh I suppose RentaGhost floats over with the spook element, saying that you've also got the Munsters and the Addams family, even Scooby Doo too. Film wise, I'm thinking Carry on Screaming, Rocky Horror, that one that Frankie Howerd did but I think that's about it, oh yes what was that ghost show from the 70's, a bit like RentaGhost but must've been on ITV, can anyone think of any more?

Ghosts.

Mrs Brown's Boys.

Not seen either, I did see an episode of the revamped Randall and Hopkirk, did have a subtle Lovecraftian tinge to it where a town was stuck in a perpetual loop or something like that, reminds me of Scarfolk.

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 12th December 2020, 2:54 PM

Not seen either, I did see an episode of the revamped Randall and Hopkirk, did have a subtle Lovecraftian tinge to it where a town was stuck in a perpetual loop or something like that, reminds me of Scarfolk.

I loved both versions of Randall and Hopkirk in different ways.

Young Frankenstein. "No.It's Frankensteen!"

Foggy played a Satanist in Night of the Demon, and I am sure Jan Francis was in Casting the Runes, both based on the MR James story of the latters name, I think the JF version is on YouTube, worth watching if you like 70's spookiness. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5uH9Hc03s&feature=youtu.be#dialog

Yes he did ,the major from Fawlty Towers is in too.