The Vicar of Dibley Page 3

That 'It shoulda been me' Vicar of Dibley clip is from the last episode 'Wholly Happy Ending'

A classic gem. This is a fantastic sitcom you should love this

It was certainly very popular, stupidly so in fact. French at her best in it, and possibly also her most annoying to a few, but she can do no wrong with most of us. You could probably put her in anything and it would get a decent audience, don't think the acquired taste that was R&V did that bad either.

TVOD was very well planned and organised and to me it's what a slick marketing company would put out as a sitcom, carefully designed to appeal to as many as poss and give a warm happy glow and make you feel great after. But then it was penned by that nauseating hack Curtis, with his head deeply buried in a lovely box of chocs.

I liked the show, but not when it got overly "preachy".

Surprised there is no activity in this thread regarding the 3 specials.

The 3 short episodes sound utterly dire. Something to do with the vicar delivering a sermon over zoom (Richard Curtis' ideas really drying-up) and only Hugo will make an appearance, albeit brief I hear.

There's only Jim and David left in the line-up and I understand they're not starring?

Also, what are your thoughts on Geraldine "taking the knee" for BLM?

I think it's mostly down to that without the supporting cast French just isn't that funny on her own.She was always the weakest character to me.Roger,Emma,John and Trevor were the highlights.

I think they're doing something to try and bring people a bit if laughter in a year largely devoid of it. French slips back into the character seamlessly. I'm more surprised there's no mention or appearance of Geraldine's husband.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 7th December 2020, 10:46 PM

Also, what are your thoughts on Geraldine "taking the knee" for BLM?

Something for Millwall fans to boo at?

I quite enjoyed the first instalment. Some good jokes, nice bit of fluff.

Quote: Aaron @ 8th December 2020, 11:15 AM

I quite enjoyed the first instalment. Some good jokes, nice bit of fluff.

I struggled with it, to be honest. I think the one-off Big Night In sketch was more than enough. The original series were the best.

It was OK. Nothing to shout about though.

Never watched it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th December 2020, 9:22 AM

Never watched it.

Blimey - is that because you sense it isn't your type of comedy or is it due to some of the cast? It's quite a big comedy to have never watched!

Never really thought about it. Not a big fan of Dawn French which maybe something to do with it.