RIP Barbara Windsor

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/6109/barbara-windsor-rip/

Well worth reading her 2000 autobiography, All of Me. Not sure I agree with The Guardian's claim that her EastEnders' role "became the defining role of her career". The Carry Ons tend to be more widely known/viewed than EastEnders outside the UK.

Oh no!! A Legend - I genuinely have a tear in my eye as I type this...................so, so, so sad. Teary

Rest In Peace Dame Barbara

Yes RIP Barbara.

To a lot of people in the UK though Kenneth she was mainly known for the Carry On films. Eastenders was just an after thought.

What Oh No! :( What a sad day this is. I really love Barbara, she was great in the Carry On Films and Eastenders. I really loved her what a national treasure.

Only Jim Dale left from the main cast now I believe in Carry On's. :(

That laugh is only second to Sid's...........................A Classic.....................

We'll miss you Babs!

She was in the first episode of Filthy Rich and Catflap too. Legend.

R.I.P.

Listened to her Desert Island Discs from 1990 on Radio 4 +, and what was the one track out of the 8 she would save to listen to again?

The Lad himself in the Test Pilot sketch from "The Diary", as it had her three favourite people in it - Kenneth Williams, Hattie Jacques and, of course, Tony Hancock............

Well worth a re-listen, of course:-